Stoke - West Brom Preview: Potters have won just once in 2013
The hosts have lost three on the bounce and seek a positive result against Steve Clarke's side who have recently improved their form, winning three of their last four games
By Arthur Virgo
Cameron, Shawcross, Wilson, Wilkinson
Shotton, Whelan, N'Zonzi, Shea
Reid, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell
Dorrans, Morrison, Brunt
Stoke are without Robert Huth as the German sits out the final game of a three-match ban for violent conduct, meaning Marc Wilson is set to continue alongside Ryan Shawcross at centre-back with Geoff Cameron and Andy Wilkinson at full-back.
Ryan Shotton could continue on the right flank, but on the left, winger Matthew Etherington (back) remains a doubt as does striker Cameron Jerome (knock). Brek Shea and Michael Kightly are therefore options on the left flank, while Charlie Adam could feature in a three-man midfield.
West Brom have no new injury problems and are likely to field an unchanged line-up, but Steven Reid (knock) could recover in time and return in place of right-back Billy Jones.
Midfielders Zoltan Gera and George Thorne (both knee) are long-term casualties while the midfield three is settled. However, forwards Peter Odemwingie and the doubtful Shane Long (ankle) could feature out wide or up front alongside the in-form Romelu Lukaku.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Stoke are still nine points clear of the relegation zone but have picked up the fewest points this year of any Premier League side, with seven defeats and one win from their nine league matches in 2013.
- The Potters have gone 11 straight games without a clean sheet despite managing nine in their first 18 matches.
- West Brom are a comfortable 10 points ahead of their opponents in eighth place, and with three wins from their last four league matches are now just four points off Europa League qualification.
- The Baggies have, however, lost four of their last five matches away from home, and eight of their 14 over the course of the season.
- Stoke have won eight of their last 11 league games against West Brom, with their only loss in that run coming at the Britannia Stadium last season.
- Romelu Lukaku (pictured, right) is the Baggies' top scorer with 13 goals this season, with seven of those in 2013. The Belgian is 22/1 with bet365 to score the only goal in a 1-0 win for West Brom on Saturday.
|Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
Stoke City 1-2 West Bromwich Albion
- 15.43 %
Stoke City 1-1 West Bromwich Albion
- 14.29 %
Stoke City 2-1 West Bromwich Albion
- 10.86 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Oct 19, 2013||Stoke City 0 - West Bromwich Albion 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Mar 16, 2013||Stoke City 0 - West Bromwich Albion 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Dec 1, 2012||West Bromwich Albion 0 - Stoke City 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Jan 21, 2012||Stoke City 1 - West Bromwich Albion 2|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Aug 28, 2011||West Bromwich Albion 0 - Stoke City 1|
|Dec 19, 2013||Stoke City 0 - Manchester United 2||CCUP|
|Dec 15, 2013||Hull City 0 - Stoke City 0||EPL|
|Dec 7, 2013||Stoke City 3 - Chelsea FC 2||EPL|
|Dec 5, 2013||Stoke City 0 - Cardiff 0||EPL|
|Nov 30, 2013||Everton 4 - Stoke City 0||EPL|
|30||Sebastien Gabriel Tamaş||Defender|