Liverpool - West Brom Preview: Suarez in red hot form ahead of Baggies visit
The Uruguayan has scored five and assisted seven in his last 10 Premier League games, while the Reds are enjoying a great run at home as their top-flight revival rolls on
By Michael Lightfoot
Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Enrique
Gerrard, Lucas, Henderson
Downing, Sturridge, Suarez
Reid, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell
Dorrans, Morrison, Brunt
Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge (hip) should make the starting line-up, despite picking up a knock in the 2-2 draw at Manchester City.
Winger Raheem Sterling (calf) should also make a return to the squad, but Martin Kelly (knee) is out until March.
Philippe Coutinho is still struggling to gain enough match fitness to make his Reds bow, but could feature on the bench
West Brom will be without defender Goran Popov after he was sent off against Tottenham for spitting at Kyle Walker, incurring a three-match ban.
They are also missing long-term absentees Zoltan Gera and George Thorne (both knee), but Youssouf Mulumbu (knee) could make a return after featuring for DR Congo in the Africa Cup of Nations.
Peter Odemwingie is highly unlikely to feature with his future at the club still uncertain.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Each of Liverpool's last 11 competitive games have seen three or more goals scored, including their FA Cup defeat by Oldham.
- Brendan Rodgers' side have scored 12 goals in their past three Premier League games at Anfield, conceding none. In fact, Liverpool have seven clean sheets out of their last nine at home.
- Striker Luis Suarez has scored five and assisted seven in his last 10 Premier League games. He is 11/4 to score the first goal with Bet365.
- West Brom have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last six away games, conceding 13 and scoring only six as they show a record of five defeats and one win.
- The Baggies stunned Liverpool in the opening fixture this season with a 3-0 win at The Hawthorns.
- Romelu Lukaku (pictured right) has seven goals and one assist in 10 Premier League starts.
|Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
Liverpool 3-0 West Bromwich Albion
- 24.6 %
Liverpool 3-1 West Bromwich Albion
- 12.86 %
Liverpool 2-0 West Bromwich Albion
- 12.73 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Feb 2, 2014||West Bromwich Albion 1 - Liverpool 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Oct 26, 2013||Liverpool 4 - West Bromwich Albion 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Feb 12, 2013||Liverpool 0 - West Bromwich Albion 2|
|England - Capital One Cup (League Cup) (CCUP)||Sep 27, 2012||West Bromwich Albion 1 - Liverpool 2|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Aug 18, 2012||West Bromwich Albion 3 - Liverpool 0|
|Mar 2, 2014||Southampton 0 - Liverpool 3||EPL|
|Feb 23, 2014||Liverpool 4 - Swansea City 3||EPL|
|Feb 17, 2014||Arsenal FC 2 - Liverpool 1||FA|
|Feb 13, 2014||Fulham 2 - Liverpool 3||EPL|
|Feb 8, 2014||Liverpool 5 - Arsenal FC 1||EPL|
|-||Sebastien Gabriel Tamaş||Defender|
Times In SGT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed