West Ham - Swansea Preview: Hammers look to end woeful run against in-form visitors
Having conceded 12 in their last four and won just once in their last nine, Sam Allardyce's men face an uphill task against a Swans side unbeaten in seven Premier League matches
By Tim Poole
O'Brien, Reid, Tomkins, Taylor
Jarvis, Nolan, J. Cole
Rangel, Williams, Chico Flores, Davies
Britton, De Guzman
Dyer, Hernandez, Routledge
Sam Allardyce will be without George McCartney (knee) and Daniel Potts (head injury) but has Andy Carroll back in contention after returning from a knee injury that had kept him out since November.
Up front, the Hammers also have Carlton Cole and Ricardo Vaz Te vying for selection, so loanee Marouane Chamakh is not guaranteed a starting spot.
West Ham will no longer be able to call on Alou Diarra, however, after the French midfielder completed a loan move to Rennes on Thursday, although Mohamed Diame is still available for the Hammers despite intense speculation linking him with a move away from Upton Park.
The visitors, meanwhile, are still without Neil Taylor (fractured ankle) while Kemy Agustien is also out with an ankle problem.
Swansea will have to make do with fewer attacking options, however, as Danny Graham recently completed a move to Premier League rivals Sunderland.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- West Ham are without a win in their last four Premier League matches, while they have only won once in their last nine.
- This will be the Hammers' fourth consecutive game in London after a home draw with QPR and back-to-back defeats at Arsenal and Fulham.
- Sam Allardyce's side have also conceded 12 goals in four league games, with eight of them coming in their last two.
- The Hammers have not kept a clean sheet in seven league matches but have managed to score at least one goal in 18 of their 24 league games overall.
- Swansea are unbeaten in seven Premier League fixtures, although five of those matches have ended a draw.
- The Swans won the reverse fixture at the Liberty Stadium 3-0 in what was the only ever Premier League meeting between the two clubs.
- Michael Laudrup's side have enjoyed mixed experiences on their travels this season, having won, lost and drawn an equal number of away matches (four).
- Jonathan De Guzman (pictured) has contributed the most assists of any Swansea player this season (eight), while he has also clocked up the most appearances in a Swans shirt (30).
- Swansea have won every single match this term when they have led at half-time. Their record of converting four half-time leads into victories is the second best in the division.
|Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
West Ham United 1-2 Swansea City
- 20 %
West Ham United 1-3 Swansea City
- 11.3 %
West Ham United 2-1 Swansea City
- 9.57 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Feb 1, 2014||West Ham United 2 - Swansea City 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Oct 28, 2013||Swansea City 0 - West Ham United 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Feb 2, 2013||West Ham United 1 - Swansea City 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Aug 25, 2012||Swansea City 3 - West Ham United 0|
|West Ham United|
|Apr 16, 2014||Arsenal FC 3 - West Ham United 1||EPL|
|Apr 6, 2014||West Ham United 1 - Liverpool 2||EPL|
|Apr 1, 2014||Sunderland 1 - West Ham United 2||EPL|
|Mar 27, 2014||West Ham United 2 - Hull City 1||EPL|
|Mar 23, 2014||West Ham United 0 - Manchester United 2||EPL|
|12||Ricardo Vaz Te||Striker|
|20||Jonathan De Guzmán||Midfielder|
Times In SGT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed