Fulham - West Ham Preview: London rivals meet with both in poor form
The Hammers have taken just two points from their past eight games, while Martin Jol's side have only one win since their 2-1 victory over Newcastle on December 15
By Oliver Wheeler
Riether, Hughes, Hangeland, Briggs
Dejagah, Sidwell, Karagounis, Kacaniklic
Demel, Reid, Tomkins, O'Brien
Joe Cole, Noble, Diame, Vaz Te
Martin Jol has a few injury concerns ahead of this London derby with some of his squad players unable to make the game.
Welshman Simon Davies (neck), Mahamadou Diarra (knee), Kerim Frei (groin) and Kieran Richardson (calf) are all doubts for the visit of West Ham. Although it is possible that Diarra could return, it may be just too soon for the midfielder to make his comeback.
The Cottagers have signed Arsenal midfielder Emmanuel Frimpong on loan, but he may take a place on the bench rather than head straight into the team.
Meanwhile, West Ham have numerous injury worries of their own. Winston Reid (groin) is a doubt but could play, while George McCartney (knee) and Danny Potts (concussion) are still stranded on the side-lines.
Andy Carroll (knee) could return, but may have to settle for a place on the bench as he looks to recover fully from a long-term absence. James Collins (hamstring) is another looking to make a comeback, but Sam Allardyce will be wary of rushing back a defender with them so short-stocked at the back.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Fulham have taken eight points from their past eight games.
- Neither side has a player in the top 20 Premier League goal-scorers this season.
- The Cottagers have only three Englishmen (Steve Sidwell, Kieran Richardson, Matthew Briggs) in their matchday squad, one of the fewest in the top flight.
- Jol's team have failed to score in six of their 23 games, while Allardyce's side have gone without a goal in seven of their matches.
- West Ham have scored just one more goal at Upton Park than they have conceded away from the Boleyn Ground this season.
- Andy Carroll (pictured) made his debut for the Hammers against Fulham at Upton Park earlier in the season, and had an immediate impact, heading down for Vaz Te to set up Kevin Nolan for the first goal in a 3-0 rout.
- Both Martin Jol and Sam Allardyce represented West Brom during their playing days.
- The Hammers have the second-worst form in the Premier League, taking only two points from their past eight games.
|Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
Fulham 2-1 West Ham United
- 17.73 %
Fulham 1-2 West Ham United
- 15.76 %
Fulham 1-1 West Ham United
- 12.32 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Nov 30, 2013||West Ham United 3 - Fulham 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Jan 31, 2013||Fulham 3 - West Ham United 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Sep 1, 2012||West Ham United 3 - Fulham 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Dec 26, 2010||Fulham 1 - West Ham United 3|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Oct 2, 2010||West Ham United 1 - Fulham 1|
|Dec 5, 2013||Fulham 1 - Tottenham 2||EPL|
|Nov 30, 2013||West Ham United 3 - Fulham 0||EPL|
|Nov 23, 2013||Fulham 1 - Swansea City 2||EPL|
|Nov 9, 2013||Liverpool 4 - Fulham 0||EPL|
|Nov 2, 2013||Fulham 1 - Manchester United 3||EPL|
|3||John Arne Riise||Defender|
|12||Ricardo Vaz Te||Striker|
Times In SGT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed