Everton - West Brom Preview: Toffees look to boost top-four hopes against out-of-form Baggies
Despite drawing their last two league matches, the hosts sit just outside the Champions League spots and will be hoping for a victory against Steve Clarke's side
By Shane Farrington
Neville, Jagielka, Heitinga, Baines
Naismith, Osman, Fellaini, Pienaar
Jones, McAuley, Olsson, Ridgewell
Morrison, Dorrans, Yacob, Brunt
Everton boss David Moyes is set to make a couple of changes from the side that overcome Bolton 2-1 in the FA Cup on Saturday. Goalscorer Johnny Heitinga could come in to add fresh legs to the backline in place of Sylvain Distin.
Belgium international Kevin Mirallas was forced off through injury in the first-half at the weekend and is set to miss out with Steven Naismith likely to take his place in the starting XI.
Injured duo Tony Hibbert (calf) and Darron Gibson (groin) are both closing in a return to action but remain unavailable.
As for the visitors, Steve Clarke’s players head into the match fresher having not played at the weekend. They drew 2-2 in their last league match after coming from 2-0 down against Aston Villa.
Clarke is unlikely to tinker with his starting line-up too much - the only change could be to bring in Shane Long after his return from injury, possibly in place of Peter Odemwinge with the striker continuing to chase a move to QPR.
Steven Reid is close to a return after being sidelined with a shin injury, but long-term injury absentee Zolton Gera is out for the season.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Everton have the third-best defensive record in the Premier League this season having conceded 26 times - only Manchester City and Chelsea have let in less.
- Marouane Fellani is the Toffees’ top scorer with nine goals in all competitions for the club so far this season.
- The meeting between the two sides earlier in the season finished in a 2-0 win to West Brom - thanks to second half goals from Shane Long and Gareth McAuley, (pictured right).
- The Baggies have not been placed any lower than ninth spot at any point in the league this season - they currently sit eighth.
- They are winless in their last six matches in all competitions - losing four and drawing two.
- Romelu Lukaku is West Brom’s leading scorer after finding the back of the net nine times this term.
|Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
Everton 2-1 West Bromwich Albion
- 21.21 %
Everton 2-0 West Bromwich Albion
- 15.53 %
Everton 3-1 West Bromwich Albion
- 14.77 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Jan 21, 2014||West Bromwich Albion 1 - Everton 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Aug 24, 2013||Everton 0 - West Bromwich Albion 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Jan 31, 2013||Everton 2 - West Bromwich Albion 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Sep 1, 2012||West Bromwich Albion 2 - Everton 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Mar 31, 2012||Everton 2 - West Bromwich Albion 0|
|Apr 17, 2014||Everton 2 - Crystal Palace 3||EPL|
|Apr 12, 2014||Sunderland 0 - Everton 1||EPL|
|Apr 6, 2014||Everton 3 - Arsenal FC 0||EPL|
|Mar 30, 2014||Fulham 1 - Everton 3||EPL|
|Mar 26, 2014||Newcastle United 0 - Everton 3||EPL|
|-||Sebastien Gabriel Tamaş||Defender|
Times In SGT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed