Tottenham - Manchester United Preview: Red Devils out for revenge at ground they have not lost at in 12 years
Sir Alex Ferguson will have the 3-2 defeat to Spurs in mind as he takes his team to White Hart Lane, a ground he has enjoyed immense success at over the years
By Jay Jaffa
Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto
Lennon, Dempsey, Bale
Rafael, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra
Valencia, Rooney, Kagawa
Both sides were dealt cruel blows this week as Tottenham look set to miss Sandro for some time after the midfielder underwent surgery on a knee problem picked up in the 0-0 draw at QPR last weekend.
Younes Kaboul remains sidelined with a knee problem while William Gallas (calf) looks set to miss out as well.
For Manchester United, Darren Fletcher has been ruled out for the season following surgery on his ongoing bowel condition.
Nemanja Vidic is expected to return after suffering concussion in the club's 2-1 win over Liverpool, while Jonny Evans has been ruled out of the trip to White Hart Lane after suffering a hamstring injury.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Despite beating Manchester United 3-2 at Old Trafford in September, Tottenham have not tasted victory over Sir Alex's men in 11 Premier League home games - a run stretching back to 2001.
- The hosts have collected just three points during that barren run. Spurs are 9/1 to beat Manchester United 2-1 with bet365.
- Jermain Defoe (pictured right) is in something of a goal drought, finding the net just once in his last seven league appearances.
- No team has conceded more goals (17) to top eight opposition than Andre Villas-Boas' side.
- Since March 2011, Manchester United have won 22 and drawn five (losing none) of away games in which they have scored.
- Robin van Persie has scored 21 goals in 27 games for United this season. At the same stage last campaign, he had 22 goals to his name.
- Sir Alex's side have scored the most goals away from home (26 in 11 games) than any other team.
- However on the two occasions in which they have failed to score on the road (vs Norwich and Everton) United have lost.
|Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
Tottenham 1-3 Manchester United
- 21.53 %
Tottenham 1-2 Manchester United
- 11.39 %
Tottenham 0-2 Manchester United
- 8.14 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Jan 2, 2014||Manchester United 1 - Tottenham 2|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Dec 1, 2013||Tottenham 2 - Manchester United 2|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Jan 21, 2013||Tottenham 1 - Manchester United 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Sep 30, 2012||Manchester United 2 - Tottenham 3|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Mar 5, 2012||Tottenham 1 - Manchester United 3|
|Mar 3, 2014||Tottenham 1 - Cardiff City 0||EPL|
|Feb 28, 2014||Tottenham 3 - Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 1||EL|
|Feb 24, 2014||Norwich City 1 - Tottenham 0||EPL|
|Feb 21, 2014||Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk 1 - Tottenham 0||EL|
|Feb 13, 2014||Newcastle United 0 - Tottenham 4||EPL|
|1||David de Gea||Goalkeeper|
|20||Robin van Persie||Striker|
Times In SGT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed