Southampton - Everton Preview: Toffees aim to continue top-four push against improving Saints
The Merseysiders travel to the south coast looking for a fourth win in six league games, while the hosts will hope to pull further clear of the relegation zone
By Alex Hess
Clyne, Yoshida, Hooiveld, Shaw
Puncheon, Ramirez, Rodriguez
Nevilla, Jagielka, Distin, Baines
Coleman, Osman, Fellaini, Pienaar
New Saints boss Mauricio Pochettino is without club captain Adam Lallana (knee) for Monday's clash.
The home side will also be missing Guilherme Do Prado (illness) and Jose Fonte (knee) for the visit of Everton.
David Moyes will make the journey to the south coast unable to call on midfield Darron Gibson (hip) and Kevin Mirallas (hamstring).
Defensive duo John Heitinga (muscle injury) and Tony Hibbert (calf) are also likely to be ruled out.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Southampton have conceded almost twice as many goals in away fixtures (26) as they have on home turf (14).
- The last season that the Saints were in the top division - 2004/05 - Everton qualified for the Champions League.
- Two of Southampton's strikers from that campaign are now team-mates once again in the Premier League: Peter Crouch and Kenwyne Jones, at Stoke City.
- Everton have conceded exactly the same number of goals (26) than they had done after the same number of fixtures last term.
- Last weekend's goalless draw with Swansea represented the first time in 20 matches that David Moyes' (pictured right) men managed to keep a clean sheet - since their last game against Swansea in September.
- It was also the first time in 22 fixtures that the Toffees failed to find the net themselves. Everton are 9/1 to win 2-0 with bet365.
|Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
Southampton 1-2 Everton
- 13.6 %
Southampton 1-3 Everton
- 13.19 %
Southampton 0-2 Everton
- 11.95 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Dec 29, 2013||Everton 2 - Southampton 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Jan 22, 2013||Southampton 0 - Everton 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Sep 29, 2012||Everton 3 - Southampton 1|
|Mar 15, 2014||Southampton 4 - Norwich City 2||EPL|
|Mar 8, 2014||Crystal Palace 0 - Southampton 1||EPL|
|Mar 2, 2014||Southampton 0 - Liverpool 3||EPL|
|Feb 22, 2014||West Ham United 3 - Southampton 1||EPL|
|Feb 15, 2014||Sunderland 1 - Southampton 0||FA|
|21||Guilherme Do Prado||Midfielder|
|33||Steve de Ridder||Striker|
Times In SGT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed