Sunderland - West Ham Preview: Inconsistent Black Cats take on Hammers at Stadium of Light
The hosts go in search of their first Premier League win of 2013 against a Sam Allardyce side travelling to the Stadium of Light looking for their first away win since November
By Alex Hess
Bardsley, Cuellar, Bramble, Rose
Larsson, Gardner, Vaughan
Johnson, Fletcher, McClean
Demel, Collins, Tomkins, Reid
J.Cole, Noble, Diarra, Jarvis
Sunderland boss Martin O'Neill is likely to remain without John O'Shea (hamstring) for Saturday's visit of 11th placed West Ham.
Wes Brown (knee) and Lee Cattermole (knee) have also been ruled out for the home side, although Stephane Sessegnon should recover from a recent ankle injury.
For the visitors, Sam Allardyce is unable to call on Andy Carroll (knee) and Mohamed Diame (hamstring), who are both expected to return later this month.
George McCartney (knee) remains a long-term absentee, while Joey O'Brien will be available after a recent hamstring strain.
Joe Cole should retain his place in midfield after assisting two goals in last Saturday's FA Cup tie against Manchester United.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Sunderland have lost the same number of matches overall than they had at the same stage last season, though they have collected two fewer points in total.
- Steven Fletcher (pictured right) has already amassed the same number of goals - eight - as the club's top scorer last season, Nicklas Bendtner.
- Last term, attackers Stephane Sessegnon and James McClean netted 12 league goal between them. This term, over halfway through the season, they have only managed four.
- The last time West Ham were promoted to the top flight, they finished with 55 points in their returning campaign. They are currently on target for 50.
- West Ham currently have the same number of home victories (five) than they had after the same number of games in the Championship last season, despite having amassed 14 fewer points overall.
- Put together, Sam Allardyce and Martin O'Neill have been in football management for 11 more years than the Premier League's youngest manager, Andre Villas-Boas, has been alive.
|Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
Sunderland 2-1 West Ham United
- 15.79 %
Sunderland 1-2 West Ham United
- 10.53 %
Sunderland 1-1 West Ham United
- 6.48 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Dec 14, 2013||West Ham United 0 - Sunderland 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Jan 12, 2013||Sunderland 3 - West Ham United 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Sep 22, 2012||West Ham United 1 - Sunderland 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||May 22, 2011||West Ham United 0 - Sunderland 3|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Dec 6, 2010||Sunderland 1 - West Ham United 0|
|Mar 9, 2014||Hull City 3 - Sunderland 0||FA|
|Mar 2, 2014||Manchester City 3 - Sunderland 1||CCUP|
|Feb 22, 2014||Arsenal FC 4 - Sunderland 1||EPL|
|Feb 15, 2014||Sunderland 1 - Southampton 0||FA|
|Feb 8, 2014||Sunderland 0 - Hull City 2||EPL|
|12||Ricardo Vaz Te||Striker|
Times In SGT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed