Manchester United - Liverpool Preview: The Premier League's top scorers meet at Old Trafford
Robin van Persie leads the way in the scoring charts with 16 goals this season to Luis Suarez's 15, but the visitors face a tough task against a side unbeaten in seven at home
By Joe Doyle
Rafael, Evans, Vidic, Evra
Valencia, Carrick, Scholes, Giggs
Van Persie, Chicharito
Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Downing
Gerrard, Lucas, Allen
Sturridge, Suarez, Sterling
Wayne Rooney is unlikely to feature due to a knee problem, having only just returned to training. Elsewhere, Phil Jones (knock) is also back in training but unlikely to play, while Anderson and Nani (both hamstring) could be in the squad for Sunday, but look set to feature from the bench, if at all.
For the visitors, Jose Enrique (hamstring) is likely to be out until February following his injury against QPR, so Stewart Downing could make an appearance in his place, otherwise Andre Wisdom could come into the side at right-back, with Glen Johnson slotting in on the left side.
Martin Kelly (knee) remains a long-term absentee, as does Fabio Borini (broken foot), though the striker is due back soon.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Manchester United striker Robin van Persie not only leads the Premier League top scorers chart with 16 goals, but is also joint fourth in assists, with six.
- Luis Suarez has the joint-second worst discipline in the league, having picked up seven yellow cards this season, while Paul Scholes is in the top 15 for foul play with six yellow cards from 14 appearances.
- United have the best record in the division when falling behind this season, having won 24 points from losing positions.
- Van Persie has scored five in his last six games against Liverpool, including the winner in the two sides' meeting at Anfield earlier this season.
- Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard (pictured) has created the most goals this season in the Premier League, with eight assists.
- The Reds face a tough task at Old Trafford, with the hosts winning their past seven matches in a row at home, and are unbeaten in nine in the league.
- Brendan Rodgers' side have only won one match when losing at half-time this season, after going in behind at the break on nine occasions.
- However, the Reds have not lost when winning at half-time this season, taking three points in six of seven matches. Liverpool are 12/1 to win 2-1 with bet365.
|Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
Manchester United 3-1 Liverpool
- 17.52 %
Manchester United 2-1 Liverpool
- 9.95 %
Manchester United 1-2 Liverpool
- 9.61 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Jan 13, 2013||Manchester United 2 - Liverpool 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Sep 23, 2012||Liverpool 1 - Manchester United 2|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Feb 11, 2012||Manchester United 2 - Liverpool 1|
|England - FA Cup (FA)||Jan 28, 2012||Liverpool 2 - Manchester United 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Oct 15, 2011||Liverpool 1 - Manchester United 1|
|May 19, 2013||West Bromwich Albion 5 - Manchester United 5||EPL|
|May 12, 2013||Manchester United 2 - Swansea City 1||EPL|
|May 5, 2013||Manchester United 0 - Chelsea FC 1||EPL|
|Apr 28, 2013||Arsenal FC 1 - Manchester United 1||EPL|
|Apr 23, 2013||Manchester United 3 - Aston Villa 0||EPL|
|Returns:||Man. United €19.00||Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
|Returns:||Draw €65.00||Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|Returns:||Liverpool €750.00||Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|1||David de Gea||Goalkeeper|
|20||Robin van Persie||Striker|
|25||José Reina Paez||Goalkeeper|
Times In SGT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed