Everton - Swansea Preview: Swans aim for first ever win against the Toffees
Michael Laudrup will be looking to build on his side's 2-0 win over Chelsea in the Capital One Cup on Wednesday, while David Moyes' men continue to chase a top-four spot
By Adam Gilbert
Neville, Distin, Jagielka, Baines
Coleman, Osman, Pienaar, Fellaini
Rangel, Williams, Chico, Davies
Dyer, Britton, De Guzman, Routledge
Despite struggling with an ankle problem, it looks like Everton full-back Leighton Baines will get the all clear to start on Saturday, though Bryan Oviedo is on standby should he fail to recover.
Seamus Coleman (hamstring) is expected to make his first Premier League appearance since December 15, after making his comeback in the FA Cup win over Cheltenham.
Phil Neville is also in line to return but fellow experienced defender Tony Hibbert (calf), Kevin Mirallas (hamstring) and Darron Gibson (thigh) all remain out.
Victor Anichebe could partner Nikica Jelavic following the Nigerian's instant impact against Newcastle when he scored within 90 seconds of coming onto the pitch.
Aside from left-back Neil Taylor (ankle), who is a long-term absentee, Swansea are able to take a full-strength squad to Goodison Park on Saturday.
Nathan Dyer should make his way back in to the starting XI having been used as a substitute during their midweek win over Chelsea in the Capital One Cup. Elsewhere, Danny Graham may well start alongside Michu as the Englishman looks to continue his run of fine form.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Everton are yet to lose against Swansea in any competition, winning 11 out of their 15 clashes.
- If the Toffees concede on Saturday, they will have failed to keep a clean sheet in 19 consecutive games across tournaments.
- Twelve of Leighton Baines' 14 Premier League goals for the hosts have come from dead ball situations (eight pens, four free kicks).
- More goals have been scored in the last 15 minutes of matches at Goodison Park than at any other top-flight ground this season.
- Swansea have the fourth-highest pass accuracy in the league this season (85.4%). Ahead of them are Manchester United, Arsenal, and Manchester City.
- Michu has scored only one of his Premier League goals from outside the box, which happened to be his debut goal against QPR on August 18.
- Danny Graham (pictured) has not let speculation regarding his future affect his form - if he scores on Saturday he will make it five goals from five games in all competitions.
- Laudrup's men currently average at 1.48 goals per game, with 219 shots on goal in 21 games so far this term. Swansea are 16/1 to beat Everton 1-0 with bet365.
|Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
Everton 2-1 Swansea City
- 17.17 %
Everton 2-2 Swansea City
- 9.45 %
Everton 1-2 Swansea City
- 8.99 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Jan 12, 2013||Everton 0 - Swansea City 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Sep 22, 2012||Swansea City 0 - Everton 3|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Mar 24, 2012||Swansea City 0 - Everton 2|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Dec 22, 2011||Everton 1 - Swansea City 0|
|Dec 9, 2013||Arsenal FC 1 - Everton 1||EPL|
|Dec 5, 2013||Manchester United 0 - Everton 1||EPL|
|Nov 30, 2013||Everton 4 - Stoke City 0||EPL|
|Nov 23, 2013||Everton 3 - Liverpool 3||EPL|
|Nov 9, 2013||Crystal Palace 0 - Everton 0||EPL|
|20||Jonathan De Guzmán||Midfielder|
Times In SGT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed