Fulham - Swansea Preview: Cottagers seeking only their second win in 12 games
Martin Jol's men have endured a miserable couple of months, but are boosted by the return from injury of Bryan Ruiz and the absence of Michu from the opposition line-up
By Al Hain-Cole
Riether, Hangeland, Senderos, Riise
Dejagah, Sidwell, Baird, Kacaniklic
Tiendalli, Chico Flores, Williams, Davies
Dyer, Britton, Ki, Routledge
Phillipe Senderos was preferred to Aaron Hughes alongside Brede Hangeland in the 1-1 draw against Southampton on Boxing Day, and he may keep his place in the side against Swansea.
Bryan Ruiz made his comeback from the hamstring injury that kept him out for over a month as a half-time substitute in that game, and could now return to the starting line-up.
Leading scorer Michu is a serious doubt for the visitors, after suffering an ankle injury in the 0-0 draw against Reading, and may be replaced up front by Itay Shechter.
Pablo Hernandez (thigh) is in contention after spending a month on the sidelines, but this match may come too soon for Angel Rangel (calf).
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Fulham have only won one of their last 11 Premier League matches.
- Swansea have now gone four games without a win. The visitors are 10/1 to win 1-0 with bet365.
- The Swans did the double over Martin Jol's men last season without conceding a goal, and the 3-0 win at Craven Cottage was the Londoners' second heaviest home defeat of the season (behind only Manchester United's 5-0 thrashing).
- Michu may miss his first Premier League match for Swansea on Saturday - without his goals Swansea would be in 16th rather than ninth place.
- Dimitar Berbatov's (pictured, right) goals, on the other hand, have only won the Cottagers three points this season.
- Eight of Fulham's 29 goals this season have been scored by substitutes, the highest proportion in the Premier League
- Swansea have scored 93 per cent of their goals this season from open play, the highest amount in the top-flight.
|Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
Fulham 1-2 Swansea City
- 13.52 %
Fulham 1-1 Swansea City
- 10.71 %
Fulham 2-1 Swansea City
- 10.2 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Jan 29, 2014||Swansea City 2 - Fulham 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Nov 23, 2013||Fulham 1 - Swansea City 2|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||May 19, 2013||Swansea City 0 - Fulham 3|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Dec 29, 2012||Fulham 1 - Swansea City 2|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Mar 17, 2012||Fulham 0 - Swansea City 3|
|Mar 8, 2014||Cardiff City 3 - Fulham 1||EPL|
|Mar 1, 2014||Fulham 1 - Chelsea FC 3||EPL|
|Feb 22, 2014||West Bromwich Albion 1 - Fulham 1||EPL|
|Feb 13, 2014||Fulham 2 - Liverpool 3||EPL|
|Feb 10, 2014||Manchester United 2 - Fulham 2||EPL|
|3||John Arne Riise||Defender|
|20||Jonathan De Guzmán||Midfielder|
Times In SGT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed