Reading - Swansea Preview: Laudrup's side look to punish rock-bottom Royals
Brian McDermott's side have the Premier League's worst defensive record and will look to bounce back from a last-gasp defeat against champions Manchester City last time out
By Adam Mazrani
Gunter, Gorkss, Mariappa, Shorey
Kebe, Leigertwood, McAnuff, Robson-Kanu
Le Fondre, Pogrebnyak
Rangel, Williams, Chico, Davies
Britton, De Guzman, Ki
Dyer, Michu, Routledge
Reading may stick to the same starting XI that came within minutes of snatching an unlikely draw at champions Manchester City.
Brian McDermott will still be without Jason Roberts with a hip injury, as well as central defender Sean Morrison (ankle) and long-term absentee Alex McCarthy (shoulder).
Should McDermott go for a more attacking formation, Hal Robson-Kanu could come back into the side, as well as striker Adam Le Fondre.
Michael Laudrup may also look to limit changes following Swansea's impressive point against league leaders Manchester United.
Right-back Angel Rangel should be fit to return, provided he recovers from a calf injury, while Ki Sung-Yueng could also bring fresh legs into midfield. The Premier League's top goalscorer Michu looks set to continue in the lone striking role.
Pablo Hernandez (thigh) may come back into contention but Neil Taylor (ankle) and Darnel Situ (Achilles) are both ruled out for the season.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Reading and Swansea met in the 2011 Championship play-off final, where the Swans triumphed 4-2 to secure promotion to the Premier League.
- Of that Reading side, seven of the starting XI remain at the club while at Swansea, six of the team that day are still present.
- In the two sides' previous match this season, Reading took a 2-0 lead and looked on course for their first Premier League away win of the season, only for the Swans to peg them back to 2-2.
- Michu (pictured right) is now the Premier League's outright top scorer ahead of Robin van Persie after scoring his side's equaliser in their 1-1 draw with Manchester United.
- The Royals have the worst defensive record in the top flight having conceded 37 goals in 18 games, four more than the next two worst, Fulham and Southampton.
- Michu has scored exactly half of Swansea's 10 goals away from home in the league so far this season, while Nathan Dyer has contributed three more.
- Reading have scored in all but one of their home Premier League games this season, a 0-0 draw with Norwich on November 10.
|Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
Reading 0-2 Swansea City
- 12.23 %
Reading 1-2 Swansea City
- 11.93 %
Reading 1-3 Swansea City
- 11.62 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Dec 26, 2012||Reading 0 - Swansea City 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Oct 6, 2012||Swansea City 2 - Reading 2|
|England - Capital One Cup (League Cup) (CCUP)||Aug 29, 2007||Swansea City 0 - Reading 1|
|May 19, 2013||West Ham United 4 - Reading 2||EPL|
|May 15, 2013||Reading 0 - Manchester City 2||EPL|
|May 4, 2013||Fulham 2 - Reading 4||EPL|
|Apr 28, 2013||Reading 0 - QPR 0||EPL|
|Apr 20, 2013||Norwich City 2 - Reading 1||EPL|
|Returns:||Reading €175.00||Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|Returns:||Draw €34.00||Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
|Returns:||Swansea City €140.00||Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|9||Adam Le Fondre||Striker|
|20||Jonathan De Guzmán||Midfielder|
Times In SGT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed