Swansea - Norwich Preview: Both sides looking to extend impressive run of form
Two clubs in good form clash with the hosts, on the back of a 2-0 win over Arsenal, attempting to continue their six-game unbeaten streak against a team undefeated in eight
By Sam Wells
Rangel, Chico, Williams, Davies
Dyer, Britton, Ki, De Guzman
Whittaker, Turner, Bassong, Garrido
Snodgrass, Hoolahan, Pilkington
Swansea look set to name an unchanged side from the team that managed a surprise 2-0 win over Arsenal, as the Welsh club's injury problems persist. Kyle Bartley (thigh), Danny Graham (illness) and Pablo Hernandez (hip) are all set to miss Saturday's clash.
Meanwhile, Neil Taylor (ankle), Wayne Routledge (ankle) and goalkeeper Michel Vorm (groin) all remain sidelined through injury.
For Norwich, Michael Turner is set to return from a shoulder injury and should replace Ryan Bennett at centre back, although Hughton may be tempted to persist with Bennett given the Canaries' recent form.
Otherwise, the visitors look poised to name an unchanged side from the team that beat Sunderland 2-1, with Bunn continuing to deputise for the injured Ruddy (hip), while Kane (ankle) also remains on the sidelines.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Anthony Pilkington (pictured, right) has scored in the last two ties between Swansea and Norwich, with the latter winning both, 3-2 at Liberty Stadium and 3-1 at Carrow Road.
- Danny Graham will be missed for the clash, as he has scored six goals in his last four games against Norwich.
- Swansea goalkeeper Gerhard Tremmel, usually back-up to Michel Vorm, has the best shots-to-save ratio in the Premier League (88%).
- Michu has scored 0.48 goals a game in league competitions since August 2011 - nearly one every two games.
- No Premier League side has scored less second-half goals than Norwich this season; they have managed a measly six.
- Sebastian Bassong has now scored two in 13 games for Norwich, it took him 86 appearances to reach the same amount for his previous Premier League sides.
- Norwich are unbeaten in their last eight Premier League games, the last time they went on a longer top-flight run was in October 1989.
- The Canaries' have picked up fewer cards than any other Premier League team this season (12 yellows and no reds). They are 12/1 to win the game 1-0 with bet365.
|Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
Swansea City 2-0 Norwich City
- 17.39 %
Swansea City 2-1 Norwich City
- 15.81 %
Swansea City 3-1 Norwich City
- 13.04 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Apr 6, 2013||Norwich City 2 - Swansea City 2|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Dec 8, 2012||Swansea City 3 - Norwich City 4|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Feb 11, 2012||Swansea City 2 - Norwich City 3|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Oct 15, 2011||Norwich City 3 - Swansea City 1|
|May 19, 2013||Swansea City 0 - Fulham 3||EPL|
|May 12, 2013||Manchester United 2 - Swansea City 1||EPL|
|May 8, 2013||Wigan Athletic 2 - Swansea City 3||EPL|
|May 4, 2013||Swansea City 0 - Manchester City 0||EPL|
|Apr 28, 2013||Chelsea FC 2 - Swansea City 0||EPL|
|Returns:||Swansea City €750.00||Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|Returns:||Draw €150.00||Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|Returns:||Norwich City €50.00||Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
|20||Jonathan De Guzmán||Midfielder|
Times In SGT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed