Stoke City - Fulham Preview: Potters look to extend unbeaten home record against depleted Cottagers
Tony Pulis' side have are yet to lose a game at the Britannia this season, while Martin Jol's men will be looking to bounce back after their heavy 3-1 defeat against Sunderland
By Theo Squires
|Optional copy to go here.||PROBABLE LINEUPS|
Cameron, Huth, Shawcross, Shotton
Whelan, Nzonzi, Adam, Etherington
Riether, Hughes, Senderos, Riise
Duff, Berbatov, Rodallega
Tony Pulis will be forced into making a defensive reshuffle ahead of Saturday's clash after Andy Wilkinson (muscle) came off injured against West Ham. Ryan Shotton is expected to deputise in his absence.
Dean Whitehead is available again after suspension, while Michael Owen (hamstring) could also return.
Rory Delap (hernia) and Marc Wilson (leg) are both definite absentees due to long-term injuries.
Mladen Petric (calf) is optimistic about featuring against the Potters but Brede Hangeland begins his three-match ban following his straight red card against Sunderland.
Martin Jol is hopeful that Mahamadou Diarra (knee) will be fit to return, while Chris Baird is available again following suspension.
Simon Davies (neck), Alex Kacanikilic, Kieron Richardson and Bryan Ruiz (all hamstring) are all ruled out through inury.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Stoke City have not lost any of their last 12 home Premier League matches - though they have won only five of those - with their last defeat at the Britannia coming back in February against Sunderland.
- Dean Whitehead has picked up more cards than any other player in the Premier League this season, having been cautioned five times and sent off once, despite having played in just eight games.
- The Potters’ next win in the Premier League will be their 50th in the competition.
- Tony Pulis' side's only two wins this season have both come at home.
- Fulham's last victory in this fixture came in December 2010. The Cottagers won 2-0, with Chris Baird (pictured) scoring both goals.
- Dimitar Berbatov's last three goals for Martin Jol's side have all come away from home.
- The Cottagers are unbeaten in their last four away matches.
- Mark Schwarzer has conceded three goals in a game on five separate occasions already this season.
- In the seven meetings between the two sides since the start of 2010, only once has there been less than two goals in this fixture.
- There have only ever been four scoreless games between these two sides in their 72 meetings since they first met back in 1907.
|Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
Stoke City 1-1 Fulham
- 16.46 %
Stoke City 1-2 Fulham
- 16.46 %
Stoke City 1-0 Fulham
- 10.97 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Oct 5, 2013||Fulham 1 - Stoke City 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Feb 23, 2013||Fulham 1 - Stoke City 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Nov 24, 2012||Stoke City 1 - Fulham 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Feb 11, 2012||Fulham 2 - Stoke City 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Oct 15, 2011||Stoke City 2 - Fulham 0|
|Dec 5, 2013||Stoke City 0 - Cardiff 0||EPL|
|Nov 30, 2013||Everton 4 - Stoke City 0||EPL|
|Nov 23, 2013||Stoke City 2 - Sunderland 0||EPL|
|Nov 11, 2013||Swansea City 3 - Stoke City 3||EPL|
|Nov 2, 2013||Stoke City 1 - Southampton 1||EPL|
|3||John Arne Riise||Defender|
Times In SGT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed