Everton - Norwich City Preview: Hosts hoping to bounce back after winning just one of last six league games
The Toffees sit just outside the Champions League spots despite struggling for victories in recent weeks, while the Canaries will be keen to build on beating Manchester United
By Shane Farrington
Hibbert, Heitinga, Jagielka, Baines
Naismith, Osman, Hitzlsperger, Pienaar Mirallas
Whittaker, Bassong, Turner, Garrido Snodgrass, Johnson, Tettey Pilkington, Hoolahan
Everton boss David Moyes is likely to make a couple of changes from the side which lost 2-1 to Reading last Saturday. Tony Hibbert could well overcome a calf injury to replace Seamus Coleman at right-back.
Further forward, influential midfielder Marouane Fellaini will miss out through suspension after picking up his fifth yellow card of the season at the Madejski Stadium. Fellow Belgium international Kevin Mirallas should be fully fit after a hamstring injury and, if so, is likely to start the game. Darron Gibson (groin) and Phil Neville (knee) remain sidelined.
As for the visitors, Chris Hughton may well opt to name the same starting XI that beat Manchester United last time out. Robert Snodgrass recently got his place back in the side and is likely to have done enough against the Red Devils to keep his starting berth.
Support to lone striker Grant Holt will again be expected to come from Wes Hoolahan, who has started the season impressive fashion. On loan Tottenham forward Harry Kane (ankle) and Russell Martin (back) are both still out.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Everton have only managed to win one of their last six games - a narrow 2-1 home win against Sunderland.
- Mirallas (pictured right), has scored three goals in all competitions since arriving at the club in the summer from Olympiacos - where he netted 34 times in 52 appearances.
- Last season’s league fixture at Goodison Park ended in a 1-1 draw. Holt gave the visitors a first-half lead, before Leon Osman levelled the score late in the match.
- Everton are unbeaten in their last nine home Premier League matches - a run stretching back to March.
- The Canaries have kept a clean sheet in four of their last five Premier League matches. This run has included 1-0 home wins over Arsenal and Manchester United.
- Norwich have the joint-worst goalscoring record in the league along with bottom of the table side QPR - after hitting the back of the net just nine times in their 12 matches so far.
- Key striker Holt is currently the club’s top scorer with three goals. He’s the only Norwich player to have scored more than once for the club in the league.
- Norwich are two places lower (13th) in the Premier League than they were at this stage last season, but have earned one point more (14).
|Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
Everton 2-1 Norwich City
- 16.95 %
Everton 2-0 Norwich City
- 13.56 %
Everton 1-1 Norwich City
- 12.2 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Jan 11, 2014||Everton 2 - Norwich City 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Aug 17, 2013||Norwich City 2 - Everton 2|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Feb 23, 2013||Norwich City 2 - Everton 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Nov 24, 2012||Everton 1 - Norwich City 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Apr 7, 2012||Norwich City 2 - Everton 2|
|Apr 20, 2014||Everton 2 - Manchester United 0||EPL|
|Apr 17, 2014||Everton 2 - Crystal Palace 3||EPL|
|Apr 12, 2014||Sunderland 0 - Everton 1||EPL|
|Apr 6, 2014||Everton 3 - Arsenal FC 0||EPL|
|Mar 30, 2014||Fulham 1 - Everton 3||EPL|
Times In SGT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed