Reading - Everton Preview: Royals still seeking first win of the season
Brian McDermott's men are yet to claim all three points in the Premier League so far and will have their work cut out against the Champions League-chasing Toffees
By Rhys Turrell
Gunter, Morrison, Gorkss, Shorey
McCleary, Hunt, McAnuff
Coleman, Jagielka, Heitinga, Baines
Naismith, Fellaini, Pienaar
Reading manager Brian McDermott faces a major injury doubt over pacy Malian winger Jimmy Kebe (groin) for his side's meeting with high-flying Everton at the Madejski Stadium.
The Royals boss will also almost certainly be without Danny Guthrie (thigh) and Alex McCarthy (shoulder), while midfielder Jem Karacan (knee) is definitely ruled out.
David Moyes’ has ruled Belgian forward Kevin Mirallas (hamstring) out of the clash after he was forced off in the Toffees’ 2-1 win over Sunderland last time out.
Tony Hibbert (calf), Darron Gibson (thigh) and Victor Anichebe (hamstring) are all touch-and-go ahead of the trip to Berkshire, whilst Steven Naismith (knee) will be assessed before the game.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Reading are in the mire towards the bottom of the league, but they do lead one table. The Royals have put in an average of 23.3 crosses a game from open play this season - more than any other side.
- Reading won the last meeting between these sides, posting a 1-0 victory at Goodison Park in the FA Cup in 2011.
- The Royals have conceded 25 per cent of their goals after the end of 90 minutes.
- Everton have made an uncharacteristically good start to the current season, and that may be down to their excellent away form. The Toffees have lost just once away from Merseyside in their past 11 games, with seven draws and three wins.
- The Goodison Park club have trailed in each of their last six Premier League games, but have bounced back to win or draw in all of those fixtures - a record unmatched in Premier League history.
- Leighton Baines (pictured right) has been in sparkling form so far this season, with the left-back solid in defence and dynamic in attack. He has created 47 goalscoring chances this season - 10 more than any other player in any of Europe's top five domestic leagues.
|Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
Reading 0-2 Everton
- 26.75 %
Reading 1-3 Everton
- 13.99 %
Reading 1-2 Everton
- 12.35 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Mar 2, 2013||Everton 3 - Reading 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Nov 17, 2012||Reading 2 - Everton 1|
|England - FA Cup (FA)||Mar 2, 2011||Everton 0 - Reading 1|
|Dec 7, 2013||Reading 1 - Bournemouth 2||ENG2|
|Dec 4, 2013||Reading 1 - Charlton Athletic 0||ENG2|
|Nov 30, 2013||Nottingham Forest 2 - Reading 3||ENG2|
|Nov 23, 2013||Blackburn Rovers 0 - Reading 0||ENG2|
|Nov 9, 2013||Reading 1 - QPR 1||ENG2|
|9||Adam Le Fondre||Striker|
Times In SGT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed