Arsenal - QPR Preview: Gunners attempt to get back on track after goalscoring troubles
Arsene Wenger's side are looking to bounce back from their defeat to Schalke, while Mark Hughes' team are still hunting for their first Premier League win of the season
By Joe Doyle
Jenkinson, M'sacker, Koscielny, Vermaelen
Ramsey, Cazorla, Arteta
Gervinho, Giroud, Podolski
Bosingwa, Nelsen, Diakite, Traore
Park, Granero, M'Bia
Hoilett, Zamora, Taarabt
Arsenal continue to suffer from a lengthy injury list, with Wojciech Szczesny (ankle) and Lukasz Fabianski (shoulder) still absent in goal, so Vito Mannone looks set to continue as No.1.
Bacary Sagna (broken leg) is back in training, and has played for the Under-21 team, but is unlikely to start on Saturday - though he could be in the squad.
Likewise, Jack Wilshere (ankle) has made a couple of appearances for the reserves, and is in with a chance of making the squad, though Arsene Wenger did state that he will not be rushing the midfielder back.
However, Kieran Gibbs (thigh), Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (hip), Abou Diaby (thigh), Tomas Rosicky (Achilles) and Theo Walcott (bruised lung) are all likely to miss out.
For QPR, Fabio could make a comeback from a hamstring injury, but Andy Johnson (knee) and Kieron Dyer (calf) are both absentees.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Arsenal have lost three of their last five games in all competitions.
- In both of last season's encounters, the sides were separated by a single goal, with Arsenal winning 1-0 at the Emirates Stadium and QPR winning 2-1 at Loftus Road.
- Mikel Arteta (pictured right) is three appearances away from his 350th career league game.
- The two clubs have played each other in five of the Premier League seasons, with five draws out of the 10 matches.
- QPR have only won once this season, beating Walsall in the League Cup.
- The last time Arsenal lost three times in a row was last season, as they suffered defeats against Fulham, Swansea and Manchester United.
- The Gunners went two games without scoring last season versus Newcastle and Liverpool, the same run they are currently on.
- The longest streak in QPR's history without a win was 20 games between December 1968 and April 1969.
- Between September 1997 and September 1998, the Loftus Road club went 24 games without a win on the road, they are yet to win an away game under Mark Hughes.
|Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
Arsenal FC 3-0 QPR
- 14.36 %
Arsenal FC 2-0 QPR
- 11.77 %
Arsenal FC 3-1 QPR
- 11.62 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||May 5, 2013||QPR 0 - Arsenal FC 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Oct 27, 2012||Arsenal FC 1 - QPR 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Mar 31, 2012||QPR 2 - Arsenal FC 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Dec 31, 2011||Arsenal FC 1 - QPR 0|
|Dec 5, 2013||Arsenal FC 2 - Hull City 0||EPL|
|Nov 30, 2013||Cardiff 0 - Arsenal FC 3||EPL|
|Nov 27, 2013||Arsenal FC 2 - Olympique de Marseille 0||UCL|
|Nov 23, 2013||Arsenal FC 2 - Southampton 0||EPL|
|Nov 11, 2013||Manchester United 1 - Arsenal FC 0||EPL|
Times In SGT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed