|West Ham United||1.83||1.00||1.83||1.00||1.80||1.95||1.82||1.83|
West Ham - Southampton preview: Adkins looking for first clean sheet of the season at Upton Park
The south coast side are yet to go a full Premier League game without conceding a goal but face the Hammers who were recently shorn of key attacker Ricardo Vaz Te
By Matt Scrafton
Tomkins, Reid, Collins, McCartney
Jarvis, Nolan, Taylor
Clyne, Yoshida, Fonte, Fox
Puncheon, Schneiderlin, Davis, Lallana
West Ham forward Ricardo Vaz Te will miss Saturday’s fixture after being ruled out of action for three months with a dislocated shoulder, suffered during his side's 3-1 defeat to Arsenal. Right-back Guy Demel is also likely to sit out the visit of Southampton with a thigh strain, joining Alou Diarra (thigh), Joey O’Brien (hamstring) and Jack Collison (knee) on the injury list.
Andy Carroll is back to full fitness and is likely to lead the line, after travelling with the England squad to Poland in midweek despite not featuring for the Three Lions. Matt Taylor is likely to step in for the injured Vaz Te although Carlton Cole, Yossi Benayoun or Modibo Maiga could all be considered for selection.
For the visitors, Nathaniel Clyne is likely to return to the back four after recovering from a dead leg. If the 21-year-old does return to the Saints line-up, he is likely to take the place of Frazer Richardson at right-back after the former Leeds defender was stretchered off the field during Southampton’s 2-2 draw against Fulham with a thigh injury.
The newly promoted side are otherwise unscathed from this week’s international break, leaving Gaston Ramirez (muscle tear) and Jack Cork (knee) as the only other absentees for Nigel Adkins’ side.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Eight of West Ham's nine Premier League goals have been scored in the first half of games.
- Kevin Nolan (pictured right) will be looking to continue his goal-scoring form, the midfielder has netted three times already this season.
- The Hammers have picked up more bookings (18) than any other side in the Premier League so far this season.
- Striker Carlton Cole will make his 300th career appearance if he features.
- During last season’s Championship campaign, Southampton remained undefeated against the Hammers, picking up a win and a draw on their way to promotion.
- Nigel Adkins is still looking for his sides’ first win on the road after suffering three defeats out of three at the hands of Man City, Arsenal and Everton.
- Southampton will also be hoping to keep a clean sheet at Upton Park after conceding on average four goals-a-game during their first three away fixtures so far this season, while they have still yet to keep a clean sheet in all of their Premier League encounters.
- Defender Jos Hooiveld scored in both games against West Ham last season, equalising to earn a point at Upton Park while his solitary effort at St Mary’s earned a priceless win towards the back end of the campaign.
|Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
West Ham United 2-1 Southampton
- 13.53 %
West Ham United 2-0 Southampton
- 11.18 %
West Ham United 1-2 Southampton
- 10 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Apr 13, 2013||Southampton 1 - West Ham United 1|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Oct 20, 2012||West Ham United 4 - Southampton 1|
|England - Championship (ENG2)||Oct 19, 2011||Southampton 1 - West Ham United 0|
|West Ham United|
|May 19, 2013||West Ham United 4 - Reading 2||EPL|
|May 12, 2013||Everton 2 - West Ham United 0||EPL|
|May 4, 2013||West Ham United 0 - Newcastle United 0||EPL|
|Apr 27, 2013||Manchester City 2 - West Ham United 1||EPL|
|Apr 20, 2013||West Ham United 2 - Wigan Athletic 0||EPL|
|Returns:||West Ham United €18.33||Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
|Returns:||Draw €37.00||Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|Returns:||Southampton €45.00||Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|6||Jose Rocha Fonte||Defender|
|21||Guilherme Do Prado||Midfielder|
Times In SGT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed