Tottenham - Aston Villa Preview: Spurs aiming for seventh win in eight Premier League matches
Andre Villas-Boas' men are in a rich vein of form having beaten Manchester United last weekend while Paul Lambert's side are hopeful of rectifying a poor record against Spurs
By Andy Sixsmith
Walker, Vertonghen, Caulker, Gallas
Lennon, Dempsey, Bale
Lowton, Vlaar, Dunne, Bennett
N'Zogbia, Delph, Holman, Albrighton
Tottenham look set to make changes from the side that drew 1-1 in Greece against Panathinaikos on Thursday evening.
Brad Friedel should return in goal, with Hugo Lloris once more prevented from making his Premier League debut.
The game will come too soon for Benoit Assou-Ekotto (knee) who is still a fortnight away from a first-team return. William Gallas should continue to deputise at left-back.
Aston Villa welcome back centre-back Richard Dunne after a long lay off (groin) and he should partner Ron Vlaar at the heart of the defence.
After impressive cameos in the 1-1 draw against West Brom last week, Charles N'Zogbia and Darren Bent look set to be handed a starting place, with Bent in particular hoping to rediscover his goalscoring touch.
|DID YOU KNOW|
- Tottenham are on an excellent domestic run against Villa, having lost none of their last seven matches against the Midlands outfit, winning four and drawing three
- The north London side's home form is not too shabby either - they've won 14 and lost just two of their last 21 matches at White Hart Lane.
- Spurs have conceded the highest proportion of second-half goals in the Premier League this season (88%).
- Aston Villa on the other hand are enduring a torrid ruin of form, winning just one of their last 16 Premier League games.
- Indeed Paul Lambert's side have only scored five goals in their last 11 away Premier League fixtures
- Villa will be hoping Emmanuel Adebayor (pictured) does not feature on Sunday - the Spurs forward has notched six goals in eight starts against the Midlands side
|Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
Tottenham 3-1 Aston Villa
- 17.78 %
Tottenham 2-0 Aston Villa
- 15.94 %
Tottenham 3-0 Aston Villa
- 15.15 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Oct 20, 2013||Aston Villa 0 - Tottenham 2|
|England - Capital One Cup (League Cup) (CCUP)||Sep 25, 2013||Aston Villa 0 - Tottenham 4|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Dec 27, 2012||Aston Villa 0 - Tottenham 4|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Oct 7, 2012||Tottenham 2 - Aston Villa 0|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||May 6, 2012||Aston Villa 1 - Tottenham 1|
|Dec 5, 2013||Fulham 1 - Tottenham 2||EPL|
|Dec 1, 2013||Tottenham 2 - Manchester United 2||EPL|
|Nov 29, 2013||Tromsø IL 0 - Tottenham 2||EL|
|Nov 24, 2013||Manchester City 6 - Tottenham 0||EPL|
|Nov 10, 2013||Tottenham 0 - Newcastle United 1||EPL|
|-||Moussa Sidi Yaya Dembélé||Midfielder|
|8||Karim El Ahmadi||Midfielder|
Times In SGT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed