Philippines - Indonesia Preview: Azkals look to exact revenge over Merah Putih after 2010 AFF Cup loss
The hosts are targeting a revenge victory to redeem their AFF Cup semi-final elimination to the Indonesians two years ago
By Eric Noveanto
Sabio, Gier, Cagara, de Murga
Guirado, Lucena, Mulders, J. Younghusband
P. Younghusband, Wolf
Ardiles, Wahyu Wiji, Abdulrahman, Nopendi
Bayaw, Mofu, Okto
Patrich, Bachdim, Bonai
The Philippines camp have stated they are looking for redemption after the 2010 AFF Cup's semi-final exit to Indonesia. Team coach Michael Weiss has continually improved the team by bringing in players with Filipino blood from all over the world.
Dennis Cagara and Jerry Lucena, who missed the exhibition match against Malaysia on Friday, will join up with the Azkals. The Younghusband brothers, Philip and James, as well as first-choice goalkeeper Neil Etheridge, will also be back with the squad.
Meanwhile for Indonesia, coach Nil Maizar named a 20-man squad to face the host. The Former Semen Padang trainer is convinced that his team will be able to repeat the good performance that they showed against Italian giants Inter on May 27.
Titus Bonai, and Patrich Wanggai will be in the starting line-up, and will be supported by the Dutch-born playmaker Irfan Bachim.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- In the 2012 AFC Challenge Cup in Nepal, Philippines successfully claimed a third-place finish for the first time in their history.
- Phil Younghusband is the Azkals top marksman, collecting 24 goals in 34 appearances since 2006.
- Indonesia have not won in their past five international matches, the last defeat was a 10-0 loss against Bahrain in the World Cup qualifier.
- The visitors recorded their biggest win over Philippines in 2002, a 13-1 triumph at the Gelora Bung Karno Stadium.
- The last time these two nations met was during the two-legged 2010 AFF Cup in Jakarta, with Indonesia winning 1-0 on aggregate.
|Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
Philippines 0-2 Indonesia
- 16.2 %
Philippines 1-2 Indonesia
- 9.97 %
Philippines 1-3 Indonesia
- 7.95 %
|International Friendlies (FR)||Jun 5, 2012||Philippines 2 - Indonesia 2|
|Asia - Asean Football Championship (AFF) (AFFC)||Dec 19, 2010||Indonesia 1 - Philippines 0|
|Asia - Asean Football Championship (AFF) (AFFC)||Dec 16, 2010||Philippines 0 - Indonesia 1|
|Mar 26, 2013||Philippines 1 - Turkmenistan 0||ACC|
|Mar 24, 2013||Cambodia 0 - Philippines 8||ACC|
|Mar 22, 2013||Philippines 3 - Brunei 0||ACC|
|Feb 6, 2013||Myanmar 0 - Philippines 1||FR|
|Dec 12, 2012||Singapore 1 - Philippines 0||AFFC|
|Returns:||Philippines €21.80||Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|Returns:||Draw €31.00||Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
|Returns:||Indonesia €31.00||Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Times In SGT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed