Cesena - Juventus Preview: Rampant Serie A leaders aim for seventh league win in a row agaisnt relegation-bound hosts
The Seahorses could become the first club to drop out to the second tier in 2011-12, as the Old Lady look to keep up their powerful march towards the Scudetto ahead of AC Milan
By Adam Scime
Comotto, Moras, Rodriguez, Lauro
Guana, Arrigoni, Parolo
Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini
L'steiner, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, De Ceglie
Coach Mario Beretta will have to do without the services of suspended centre-back Steve Von Bergen, who will be replaced by Guillermo Rodriguez. Midfielder Marco Paolo, one of their stars last season, is expected to start after featuring as a substitute during the 2-2 draw with Palermo. Playmakers Jorge Martinez and Martinho are sidelined through injury, as well as Czech defender Daniel Pudil.
Former Juventus player Adrian Mutu will once again provide the bulk of the firepower up front, but Vincenzo Iaquinta, currently on loan at Cesena from the Turin side, will have to settle for a place on the bench.
Meanwhile, Antonio Conte's men are in a rich vein of form and will be boosted by their 4-0 win over Roma on Sunday that saw them extend their lead at the top of Serie A to three points over rivals AC Milan.
They have relatively few worries, with Fabio Quagliarella the only absentee due to suspension. Alessandro Matri is expected to take his place in attack alongside Mirko Vucinic as the in-form trio of Arturo Vidal, Andrea Pirlo, and Claudio Marchisio continue at the heart of midfield.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Cesena have not been able to defeat Juventus for 24 years - last earning a 2-0 victory in November 1987.
- The Seahorses could become the first team to be mathematically relegated to Serie B this term if they lose or draw, or even if they win depending on other results.
- The hosts have scored the fewest goals in the league this season (21).
- Juventus defeated Cesena 2-0 back in their last meeting on December 4, 2011.
- Conte's men now have a three-point lead over AC Milan at the top of the Serie A table with five games remaining after their 4-0 win over Roma on Sunday.
- The Bianconeri have conceded just one goal in their last seven top flight fixtures. That began with a 0-0 draw versus Genoa followed by six successive victories.
|Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
Cesena 0-3 Juventus
- 29.63 %
Cesena 0-2 Juventus
- 26.16 %
Cesena 0-4 Juventus
- 7.56 %
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Apr 26, 2012||Cesena 0 - Juventus 1|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Dec 4, 2011||Juventus 2 - Cesena 0|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Mar 13, 2011||Cesena 2 - Juventus 2|
|Italy - Serie A (ITA1)||Nov 7, 2010||Juventus 3 - Cesena 1|
|Italy - Serie B (ITA2)||May 7, 2007||Cesena 2 - Juventus 2|
|May 18, 2013||Cesena 1 - Pro Vercelli 1||ITA2|
|May 11, 2013||Bari 2 - Cesena 1||ITA2|
|May 4, 2013||Cesena 3 - Juve Stabia 1||ITA2|
|Apr 28, 2013||Empoli 1 - Cesena 0||ITA2|
|Apr 20, 2013||Cesena 1 - Virtus Lanciano 1||ITA2|
|Returns:||Cesena €139.50||Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|Returns:||Draw €66.00||Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|Returns:||Juventus €12.50||Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
|7||Mario Alberto Santana||Midfielder|
|-||Simone Del Nero||Midfielder|
|11||Paolo De Ceglie||Defender|
|7||Alessandro Del Piero||Striker|
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed