Koln - Bayern Munich Preview: Podolski faces former club as the Billy Goats battle for survival
The soon-to-be Arsenal attacker will be keen to upset his former employers as his team hopes to secure the relegation play-off spot ahead of Hertha Berlin
By Vasil Kotsev
Brecko, McKenna, Geromel, Eichner
Clemens, Jajalo, Peszko
Lahm, Boateng, Badstuber, Alaba
Luiz Gustavo, Schweinsteiger
Robben, Kroos, Ribery
Koln coach Frank Schaefer will have to do without the services of defenders Andrezinho and Henrique Sereno, who have been ruled out of the crucial clash at the RheinEnergieStadium. Midfielder Adil Chihi and striker Mark Uth are also unavailable and will join Petit in the stands.
Schaefer is set to leave Milivoje Novakovic on the bench again in favour of maintaining an attacking trident to support Lukas Podolski.
For Bayern Munich, Daniel Van Buyten trained with the team this week, but is likely to miss out on the clash as he is not fully fit yet. Fellow defender Breno is a certain absentee as he recovers from a knee injury and is unlikely to feature for the Bavarians again.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Koln could be relegated for the fifth time in 15 years if they fail to get a positive result against Bayern Munich, and Hertha Berlin defeat Hoffenheim.
- The Billy Goats have lost all of their games against the current Bundesliga top four this season, scoring three goals and conceding 29.
- Only Werder Bremen have netted more strikes and recorded more wins over the Bavarians than Koln.
- Bayern Munich defeated the Billy Goats 3-0 earlier this season, despite having Franck Ribery sent off early in the game.
- Koln goalkeeper Michael Rensing (pictured right) spent 10 years with the Bavarians, appearing in 53 games before he was released in 2010.
- Lukas Podolski is also a former Bayern player. Against the Bavarians, however, he has scored just twice, winning once in nine games.
|Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
1. FC Köln 0-3 FC Bayern München
- 14.33 %
1. FC Köln 0-2 FC Bayern München
- 9.89 %
1. FC Köln 1-3 FC Bayern München
- 9.66 %
|Germany - 1. Bundesliga (BUN)||May 5, 2012||1. FC Köln 1 - FC Bayern München 4|
|Germany - 1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Dec 17, 2011||FC Bayern München 3 - 1. FC Köln 0|
|Germany - 1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Feb 5, 2011||1. FC Köln 3 - FC Bayern München 2|
|Germany - 1. Bundesliga (BUN)||Sep 18, 2010||FC Bayern München 0 - 1. FC Köln 0|
|Club Friendlies (FRC)||Jul 31, 2010||FC Bayern München 3 - 1. FC Köln 1|
|1. FC Köln|
|Dec 7, 2013||1. FC Köln 2 - FSV Frankfurt 0||2.BL|
|Dec 4, 2013||Hamburger SV 2 - 1. FC Köln 1||GERC|
|Nov 30, 2013||FC St. Pauli 0 - 1. FC Köln 3||2.BL|
|Nov 23, 2013||1. FC Köln 0 - FC Ingolstadt 1||2.BL|
|Nov 10, 2013||VfL Bochum 1 - 1. FC Köln 0||2.BL|
Times In SGT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed