Wolves - Manchester City Preview: Three points essential for Citizens as they take on bottom side at Molineux
Relegation could be decided for the west Midlands club as Terry Connor's men tackle Roberto Mancini's buoyant troops, who are still harbouring hopes of clinching the title
By James Burford
Zubar, Johnson, Bassong, Ward
Kightly, Edwards, Henry, Jarvis
Richards, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy
Silva, De Jong, Barry, Nasri
Wolves goalkeeper Dorus de Vries is set to make his Premier League debut for the club after signing in January, in place of long-term absentee Wayne Hennessey.
The Welsh international underwent surgery on Wednesday for a torn cruciate knee ligament picked up in last Saturday's 0-0 draw at Sunderland.
Loanee defender Sebastien Bassong is available after serving a one-match suspension and Roger Johnson may make a return to the club following on-pitch altercations with Hennessey during the 3-2 home defeat by Bolton Wanderers.
Winger Matt Jarvis is in line for a return to the starting lineup.
Roberto Mancini is still without striker Mario Balotelli, who completes a three-match ban.
However, former exile Carlos Tevez is poised to make another start after bagging four goals in his last two outings.
The Italian manager has reported no further injury concerns.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Wolves have an impressive record against Manchester City, leading the overall head-to-head by 46 wins to 44, with 24 draws.
- Wolves won their last home game against Manchester City, with David Edwards scoring the winner in a 2-1 victory.
- Wolves have lost their last eight matches at Molineux, a club record.
- Terry Connor has only taken two points from nine games since his appointment as interim manager.
- Manchester City have the best goal-scoring and defensive records in the Premier League this season.
- City have only accumulated 12 points from their last 11 away games, winning three, drawing three and losing five.
- Together, Tevez and Aguero have scored and assisted eight goals in their last two games.
- Sergio Aguero is the Premier League's third highest scorer with 21 goals.
|Make a deposit now and earn up to SGD 388 bonus from 188BET!|
|Sign up with Ladbrokes for a free bet up to $100|
Top 3 Predictions
Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-8 Manchester City
- 13.4 %
Wolverhampton Wanderers 0-3 Manchester City
- 10.62 %
Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-0 Manchester City
- 9.61 %
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Apr 22, 2012||Wolverhampton Wanderers 0 - Manchester City 2|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Oct 29, 2011||Manchester City 3 - Wolverhampton Wanderers 1|
|England - Capital One Cup (League Cup) (CCUP)||Oct 27, 2011||Wolverhampton Wanderers 2 - Manchester City 5|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Jan 15, 2011||Manchester City 4 - Wolverhampton Wanderers 3|
|England - Premier League (EPL)||Oct 30, 2010||Wolverhampton Wanderers 2 - Manchester City 1|
|Mar 8, 2014||Walsall 0 - Wolverhampton Wanderers 3||EFL1|
|Mar 1, 2014||Wolverhampton Wanderers 3 - Port Vale 0||EFL1|
|Feb 22, 2014||Brentford 0 - Wolverhampton Wanderers 3||EFL1|
|Feb 15, 2014||Wolverhampton Wanderers 2 - Notts County 0||EFL1|
|Feb 1, 2014||Wolverhampton Wanderers 2 - Bradford City 0||EFL1|
|1||Dorus De Vries||Goalkeeper|
|34||Nigel De Jong||Midfielder|
Times In SGT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed