Marotta: Juve received no bid from Barca for Dybala

ShareClose Comments
The Italian club's CEO said the Spanish side did not bid for their striker, while reiterating his desire to keep hold of him.

Juventus CEO Giuseppe Marotta denied receiving a bid from Barcelona for Paulo Dybala as he ruled out selling the star forward.

Dybala has long been linked with Barcelona and speculation of a move to Camp Nou gathered pace before the transfer window closed, with the Argentina international reportedly identified as a replacement for Neymar.

Juve 11/2 to beat Sassuolo 2-0

The 23-year-old remained at Italian champions Juve, though he refused to rule out a future switch to Barca to play alongside countryman Lionel Messi.

Dybala went up against Messi on Tuesday and suffered a 3-0 Champions League loss against Barca, but not before Juve boss Marotta reiterated the club's desire to keep hold of the former Palermo man.

"We did not receive any direct offer from Barcelona for Dybala, but above all we had absolutely no intention of selling him and were certain he'd wear the Juventus jersey," Marotta told Mediaset Premium.

Article continues below

"We even gave him more responsibility with the number 10, a shirt that holds a great deal of importance in the tradition of Juventus."

Dybala signed a new five-year contract in April, tying him to the Serie A giants until 2022.

Since then, Dybala has scored seven goals in all competitions this season – five of those coming in three league fixtures.

Next article:
Junior Ajayi scores in Al Ahly's victory over Misr Lel Makasa
Next article:
Munir on target as 10-man Deportivo Alaves crumble vs. Leganes
Next article:
Debutant Nounkeu sent off in Akhisarspor's draw vs.Sivasspor
Next article:
Franck Kessie inspires AC Milan comeback vs. Cagliari
Next article:
Hazard: My dad is in trouble for Real Madrid transfer outburst!
Close