The senior national team's spokesman poured cold water on the purported list being circulated in the media but said the authentic list would be out on Wednesday
Super Eagles' media officer, Ben Alaiya has rubbished the list currently circulated in the local media as the senior national 23 man list for the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations.
Alaiya in a chat with Goal.com from Portugal confirmed that the head coach of the national team, Stephen Keshi has not made the list of the players he intended using public.
He expressed that the authentic list would be made available on Wednesday and warned those that dwell on spreading falsehood to desist from the act.
"The Eagles' list for the Africa Cup of Nations has not been released. I don't know where they got the one they published.
"Let's be patient with what we write so that we don't heat up the polity. Keshi has not made his list public and whoever that is doing that for him can as well go ahead with it.
"The list of the 23 man team to South Africa will be released tomorrow. Let's keep our fingers crossed and not spread falsehood," Alaiya said.
It would be recalled that an online sports outfit had published a purported list of the Nigeria's squad to Afcon without Bright Dike and Brown Ideye while rookies like Sunday Mba and Ejike Uzoenyi made the list.
The Eagles are making a return to the Afcon after they were dumped out in the qualifier for the Gabon/Equatorial Guinea edition last year by Guinea.