The Super Eagles coach has put in a list of almost 40 players to be considered for camping ahead of the World Cup in June
By Shemmy Sholabomi in Abuja
Nigeria coach Stephen Keshi has submitted a list of about 38 players to the Nigeria Football Federation for vetting ahead of the World Cup.
The NFF is expected to wittle down the list to 30 names that will then be sent to FIFA as the country's provisional World Cup squad by May 10.
Keshi met with the Technical Committee of the NFF in Abuja on Tuesday afternoon, a meeting that lasted for about three hours.
Hopes that the provisional World Cup squad would be released afterwards were dashed when Keshi emerged from the meeting without the final list. He told the media that there will still be consultations with NFF before the final announcement.
"I have about 37 to 38 players on my list from there I will select about 30 players because that is what FIFA needs [as provisional list] on May 10th, 2014," Keshi said.
He used the opportunity to deny that any list had been leaked to the media.
"I am worried about the list I have been reading on the pages of newspapers. I did not make that list and I am not happy that you guys are reporting this to mislead people," he said.
The waiting game therefore continues.