Jose Mourinho's men look to recover from weekend disappointment against Malaga as they face the surprise strugglers of La Liga who are desperate for three points
Mario, Gonzalo, Musacchio, Oriol
Borja, Senna, Bruno, Cani
Arbeloa, Ramos, Pepe, Marcelo
Ozil, Kaka, Ronaldo
Jose Mourinho will be missing winger Angel Di Maria for the match at El Madrigal as the Argentine has not featured for Los Blancos since February 18 due to a thigh problem. However, he has returned to training this week and could be available to compete in the coming weeks.
Fabio Coentrao recently returned to training after a hamstring injury but was not deemed fit enough for the La Liga match against Malaga. However the Portuguese may make the squad against Villarreal. Ricardo Carvalho is also ruled out with injury.
Villarreal have made a coaching change in the last few days as Migual Angel Lotina replaced Jose Molina in the hotseat at El Madrigal.
Giuseppe Rossi is still missing for Villarreal and has not featured since suffering a cruciate ligament injury in October. Carlos Marchena will miss the match through suspension after picking up a red card in the weekend loss to Levante.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Miguel Angel Lotina will make his coaching debut for Villarreal in this match after taking over from Jose Molina this week.
- Villarreal are currently perilously placed 17th in La Liga, just three points above the relegation zone.
- The Yellow Submarine have not been in the Segunda Division since the year 2000. They achieved promotion after finishing second and have been a member of the Spanish Primera Division since.
- The last match between Villarreal and Real Madrid ended in a comfortable 3-0 victory for Jose Mourinho's men, with Karim Benzema, Kaka, and Angel Di Maria on the scoresheet.
- Cristiano Ronaldo has scored more league goals this season than the entire Villarreal squad. The Portuguese has notched up 32 goals, compared to Villarreal's 27.
- Real Madrid's lead at the top of the table was cut to eight points at the weekend as they could only manage a 1-1 draw against Malaga at the Santiago Bernabeu.