Remi Garde's side are within sight of a place in the elite's tournament after a recent run of good form as they encounter a Rennes side, who also have European aspirations
Danze, Kana-Biyik, Boye, Catherine
Kembo-Ekoko, Feret, Pitroipa
Reveillere, Lovren, Umtiti, Cissokho
Kallstrom, Grenier, Gonalons, Bastos
Rennes coach Frederic Antoinetti is without the services of captain Kader Mangane, who underwent season-ending surgery and will miss the remainder of the campaign. Vincent Pajot is another absentee for les Rouge et Noir, who are expected to field the same line-up as in the 0-1 defeat to Valenciennes. Thierry Doumbia will also miss the game due to suspension.
Remi Garde also has a few worries of his own ahead of the trip to Stade de la Route de Lorient. Captain Cris is out for the next few weeks through a thigh injury, with Bakary Kone will not feature due to a suspension.
Samuel Umtiti will replace the duo in the heart of defence alongside Dejan Lovren, with Alexandre Lacazette also missing the game for receiving three yellow cards in less than ten games.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Stade Rennes have only lost one of their last eight games against Lyon.
- Les Rouge et Noir could complete their first league double over Les Gones in 46 years should they win.
- Frederic Antoinetti's men are the only side to have scored more goals on the road (19) than at home.
- Lyon have won their last three games, and four in all competitions since their Champions League exit at the hands of APOEL Nicosia.
- Les Gones have won just thrice in their last eight away games.
- Remi Garde's side have managed the least number of draws in Ligue 1 this season (four).