- America (EN)
- United Kingdom (EN)
- India (EN)
- Ireland (EN)
- Malaysia (EN)
- Singapore (EN)
- Canada (EN)
- Australia (EN)
- Nigeria (EN)
- Ghana (EN)
- Kenya (EN)
- South Africa (EN)
- España (ES)
- Argentina (ES)
Panathinaikos - Tottenham Preview: Spurs look for first ever victory on Greek soil
After drawing 0-0 with Lazio in their first game, the north London club are hopeful of victory over the Greens as they look to secure a first win in the Europa League group stage
By Chris Teale
Vyntra, Boumsong, Velaquez, Spyropoulos
Christodoulopoulos, Mavrias, Vitolo, Zeca Sissoko
Walker, Caulker, Naughton, Vertonghen
Lennon, Dempsey, Bale
Panathinaikos are likely to go for a full-strength side as they welcome Spurs to the Olympic Stadium.
The Greeks are likely to go with one up front, with Bruno Fornaroi likely to lead the line, and will be hopeful their midfield will be a match for Spurs, especially their young exciting winger Lazaros Christdoulopoulos.
The away side should also look to go with a relatively strong team as they search for a first win in the group stage.
Hugo Lloris may well see some playing time in goal for Spurs, having also played in their first group game against Lazio.
Jermain Defoe should continue to play up front alone, with support coming primarily from Clint Dempsey.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Panathinaikos have only tasted victory against English opposition once, with that win coming against Arsenal in 2001 in the group stages of the Champions League.
- The Greeks have not scored in their last three European games, but have not conceded a goal at home in Europe this season.
- Panathinaikos striker Sebastian Leto spent two years at Liverpol, but never made an appearance in the Premier League due to problems with his passport and his application for a work permit being rejected.
- These teams have never played each other before.
- Tottenham have conceded just one goal in their last four away games in Europe, with that goal coming in a 1-0 defeat to Rubin Kazan in the group stage last season.
- Spurs midfielder Aaron Lennon (pictured right) set a record in 2001 of being the youngest player ever to have his boots sponsored when he signed a contract with Adidas at the age of 14.
- Tottenham have played four games against Greek opposition, including two last season against PAOK in last season's Europa League group stage, but have never scored in Greece.
|Sign up today with Ladbrokes and get a $20 welcome bonus!|
Top 3 Predictions
iPanathinaikos 1-2 Tottenham
- 18.02 %
iPanathinaikos 0-2 Tottenham
- 17.45 %
iPanathinaikos 1-3 Tottenham
- 12.43 %
|UEFA Europa League (EL)||Dec 6, 2012||Tottenham 3 - iPanathinaikos 1|
|UEFA Europa League (EL)||Oct 4, 2012||iPanathinaikos 1 - Tottenham 1|
|Apr 21, 2013||iPanathinaikos 3 - Veroia FC 2||GRE1|
|Apr 14, 2013||Olympiakos Piraeus 1 - iPanathinaikos 1||GRE1|
|Apr 7, 2013||iPanathinaikos 0 - Panionios 0||GRE1|
|Mar 30, 2013||iPanathinaikos 0 - Platanias 1||GRE1|
|Mar 17, 2013||PAOK 2 - iPanathinaikos 0||GRE1|
|Returns:||Panathinaikos $50.00||Sign up today with Ladbrokes and get a $20 welcome bonus!|
|Returns:||Draw $35.00||Sign up today with Ladbrokes and get a $20 welcome bonus!|
|Returns:||Tottenham $17.00||Sign up today with Ladbrokes and get a $20 welcome bonus!|
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed