- America (EN)
- United Kingdom (EN)
- India (EN)
- Ireland (EN)
- Malaysia (EN)
- Singapore (EN)
- Canada (EN)
- Australia (EN)
- Nigeria (EN)
- Ghana (EN)
- Kenya (EN)
- South Africa (EN)
- España (ES)
- Argentina (ES)
Arsenal - Montpellier Preview: Gunners looking for first clean sheet in six
The English side head into the clash unbeaten in three games, while the French champions have gone four matches without a win after their disappointing start to the season
By Joe Doyle
Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Vermaelen
Arteta, Cazorla, Wilshere
Walcott, Giroud, Podolski
Congre, Yanga-Mbiwa, El Kaoutari, Bedimo
Cabella, Estrada, Belhanda, Saihi
There could be an appearance at some point for Chuba Akpom, who has been given a Champions League squad number by Arsene Wenger, but it is likely he will be on the bench at best. One Gunner who definitely will not be playing is Emmanuel Frimpong who has joined Charlton on loan.
Elsewhere, Abou Diaby (thigh), Lukasz Fabianski (ankle), Gervinho (ankle), Kieran Gibbs (hip) and Tomas Rosicky (Achilles) are all still missing, but Wojciech Szczesny is likely to start again after making his comeback in the north London derby, as did Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, who should start from the bench.
Montpellier are likely to make a couple of changes after their 1-1 draw against Valenciennes at the weekend, with Younes Belhanda missing the clash in Ligue 1 due to suspension. The midfielder is likely to come back into the side in the centre of the field.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Arsenal have won only 56 per cent of their home games in all competitions this season.
- Mikel Arteta (pictured) became the first player in the Premier League to complete 1000 passes this season during the 5-2 win over Tottenham.
- The Gunners are unbeaten in their last three games.
- Arsene Wenger's side have gone five games without keeping a clean sheet, and conceded 14 goals in those games.
- Last season's French champions Montpellier are currently 15th in Ligue 1, 11 points off the league leaders Lyon.
- The French champions have gone four games without a win.
- Rene Girard's team have lost eight of their 18 games in all competitions this season.
- The Ligue 1 side have seen a player sent off in each of their last two matches.
|Sign up today with Ladbrokes and get a $20 welcome bonus!|
Top 3 Predictions
Arsenal Fc 3-0 Montpellier Herault SC
- 25.76 %
Arsenal Fc 3-1 Montpellier Herault SC
- 19.12 %
Arsenal Fc 2-0 Montpellier Herault SC
- 13.53 %
|UEFA Champions League (UCL)||Nov 21, 2012||Arsenal Fc 2 - Montpellier Herault SC 0|
|UEFA Champions League (UCL)||Sep 18, 2012||Montpellier Herault SC 1 - Arsenal Fc 2|
|May 19, 2013||Newcastle United 0 - Arsenal Fc 1||EPL|
|May 14, 2013||Arsenal Fc 4 - Wigan Athletic 1||EPL|
|May 4, 2013||QPR 0 - Arsenal Fc 1||EPL|
|Apr 28, 2013||Arsenal Fc 1 - Manchester United 1||EPL|
|Apr 20, 2013||Fulham 0 - Arsenal Fc 1||EPL|
|Montpellier Herault SC|
|May 18, 2013||Montpellier Herault SC 0 - LOSC Lille Métropole 0||FRA1|
|May 11, 2013||SC Bastia 3 - Montpellier Herault SC 1||FRA1|
|May 4, 2013||Montpellier Herault SC 2 - Stade Brestois 29 1||FRA1|
|Apr 27, 2013||AC Ajaccio 2 - Montpellier Herault SC 1||FRA1|
|Apr 19, 2013||Montpellier Herault SC 1 - Olympique Lyonnais 2||FRA1|
|Returns:||Arsenal $13.33||Sign up today with Ladbrokes and get a $20 welcome bonus!|
|Returns:||Draw $50.00||Sign up today with Ladbrokes and get a $20 welcome bonus!|
|Returns:||Montpellier $90.00||Sign up today with Ladbrokes and get a $20 welcome bonus!|
|21||Abdelhamid El Kaoutari||Defender|
|13||Marco Estrada Quinteros||Midfielder|
|5||Vitorino Hilton da Silva||Defender|