Barcelona - Granada Preview: Pep Guardiola's side target sixth straight Liga win
With Real Madrid not in action until Wednesday away to Villarreal, the Catalan giants can put some pressure on the league leaders with victory over the Andalusian side
By Karthick Arvinth
Alves, Pique, Puyol, Adriano
Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta
Fabregas, Messi, Alexis
Nyom, Lopez, B Gomez, Siqueira
M Rico, Hurtado
A Gomez, Jara, Benitez
Barcelona winger Ibrahim Afellay has trained with his team-mates for the first time since rupturing knee ligaments in September, and may feature in Tuesday's Primera Division encounter against Granada at Camp Nou. Eric Abidal, despite his continuing health problems and the possibility that he will require a liver transplant, continues to train with his colleagues, but will not be considered for match action.
Alexis Sanchez and Carles Puyol were late substitutes in Saturday's win at Sevilla and could make returns to the starting line-up.
Granada will be without Carlos Martins after the midfielder was dismissed in the win over Sporting Gijon at the weekend, but Brazilian Henrique is available again after serving a one-match ban.
Roberto, Jaime Romero and Fran Rico are all doubts, while Pape Diakhate (hamstring) and Hassan Yebda (ruptured knee ligaments) are definitely out.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Barcelona are on a five-game winning streak in La Liga, outscoring their opponents 14-3 in those matches.
- The Catalans are unbeaten in their last 31 home matches in La Liga and in their last 50 at Camp Nou in all competitions.
- Barca are undefeated in their last 50 Liga matches in which Andres Iniesta (pictured right) has made an appearance.
- Granada ended a run of three straight defeats with a 2-1 victory over Sporting Gijon at the weekend.
- The Andalusians have lost six of their last seven away matches in the league.
- Granada have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last 16 matches in all competitions.
Top 3 Predictions
Barcelona 5-0 Granada
- 27.96 %
Barcelona 4-0 Granada
- 15.77 %
Barcelona 3-0 Granada
- 9.56 %
|Spain - Primera Division (LIGA)||Apr 12, 2014||Granada 1 - Barcelona 0|
|Spain - Primera Division (LIGA)||Nov 23, 2013||Barcelona 4 - Granada 0|
|Spain - Primera Division (LIGA)||Feb 16, 2013||Granada 1 - Barcelona 2|
|Spain - Primera Division (LIGA)||Sep 22, 2012||Barcelona 2 - Granada 0|
|Spain - Primera Division (LIGA)||Mar 20, 2012||Barcelona 5 - Granada 3|
|Apr 16, 2014||Barcelona 1 - Real Madrid CF 2||ESPC|
|Apr 12, 2014||Granada 1 - Barcelona 0||LIGA|
|Apr 9, 2014||Atletico Madrid 1 - Barcelona 0||UCL|
|Apr 5, 2014||Barcelona 3 - Betis 1||LIGA|
|Apr 1, 2014||Barcelona 1 - Atletico Madrid 1||UCL|
|13||José Pinto Colorado||Goalkeeper|
|8||Andrés Iniesta Luján||Midfielder|
Times In WAT
Live Final scheduled Suspended Cancelled Postponed