The Singapore international talks about the temptations of online betting and illegal money faced by younger players
Corruption in Southeast Asian football is a bigger problem than it was a few years ago, according to Singapore international striker Alex Duric. Duric, who’s scored 25 goals in 47 internationals since 2007, says that on-line betting and the offer of larger amounts of illegal money provide a greater temptation to modern players, despite the best efforts of administrators.
Join host Jason Dasey with guests Alex Duric, Mayur Bhanji and Neil Humphreys for the world's first football podcast with an Asia-Pacific perspective.
Hope you enjoy it. Do pop by and like our facebook page to enjoy more discussion.
|ALSO THIS WEEK|
- Former Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez raises eyebrows with self-centred comments in new book
- Winless Liverpool face prospect of another fruitless game at Sunderland
- 'Hillsborough: Searching for Truth' - BBC TV documentary pre-empts findings of new inquiry in 1989 stadium disaster
- How Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson tracked new Chilean signing Angelo Henrique, teenage striker
- Ghana goalkeeper Richard Kingson's claims in church of attempted match-fixing at 2006 World Cup
- Rise of Philippines in Asian football due to German connection
- Ask Alex Duric: Singapore's chances in November’s Suzuki Cup & his retirement plans at age 42
- Neil Humphreys, award-winning football author, columnist and satirist
- Jason Dasey, Premier League Host & Executive Producer, Astro SuperSport
- Alex Duric, Singapore international striker and 1992 Olympian
- Mayur Bhanji, ESPN STAR Sports Football Producer, EX-BBC and Real Madrid TV reporter
Do leave us YOUR feedback on the show in the comments box below.
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.