With speculation, reports and the loosest of links doing the rounds this summer, Goal.com looks at the potential deals we may - or may not - be seeing in the Premier League
With Euro 2012 now over, all eyes will be on the potential movers and shakers in the transfer market over the coming months.
Arsenal striker Robin van Persie announced this week that he will not be extending his contract with the club, while Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson says he is still exploring "one or two" options in the window.
Elsewhere, the exits of Red Devils’ pair Fabio da Silva on loan to QPR and Paul Pogba to Juventus have been confirmed, Gylfi Sigurdsson joined Tottenham, Everton signed Steven Naismith, Pavel Pogrebnyak completed his move to Reading and Blackburn snapped up Leon Best and Nuno Gomes.
Now, in the latest edition of Goal.com's weekly feature, we take a look at the best, worst and ridiculous of this week's transfer rumours.
Manchester rivals & PSG in hunt for RVP
The Gunners talisman confirmed his intention not to extend his contract with the club, which expires next summer, in a statement on his official website in midweek.
City are prepared to make a £15 million offer for the Dutchman, while PSG are keen to add to the capture of Ezequiel Lavezzi with another big-name signing ahead of their 2012-13 Ligue 1 title pursuit and Champions League campaign.
Reports have also suggested that Manchester United could challenge for the player's signature, with Sir Alex a long-term fan and having been linked with a move in the past.
Gyan on verge of Al Ain move
The striker departed the Stadium of Light in a shock move shortly after the close of the transfer window last summer and has since been on loan at the Middle East outfit.
Al Ain chief executive officer Carlo Nohra has now confirmed that a move is close to being completed after the Ghanaian helped fire the club to UAE title success with 22 goals last season.
"The player has informed us of his intention to stay with the club, which allowed us to invoke the agreement with Sunderland for a permanent transfer," Nohra told Goal.com.
Dos Santos to end White Hart Lane pain
The Mexican has made just two Premier League starts for the club following a £4.7m move as a highly-rated 19-year-old from Barcelona in 2008.
Dos Santos revealed this week that he has only remained on the books at Spurs for so long because the club have always told interested clubs that they must pay twice the amount they splashed out to Barca for his services.
And now the forward, who has had loan spells at Ipswich Town, Galatasaray and Racing Santander, has confirmed that he wants a return to Spanish football and has already agreed a move away from Tottenham - which will be announced soon.
PSG plot £8m Terry bid
While Jose Bosingwa, Didier Drogba and Salomon Kalou have moved on, the very thought of John Terry departing seems inconceivable, having progressed through the ranks at Stamford Bridge from the age of 14 to make over 500 appearances, many of those as club captain.
However, the Daily Mail reported earlier in the week that the England international could be the subject of an ambitious £8m switch to Ligue 1 moneybags PSG.
Carlo Ancelotti, Terry's boss at Chelsea for two seasons and the current PSG coach, was quick to deny the rumour on Wednesday, though, insisting that while his club are in the market for a central defender, they are not interested in the 31-year-old.
Carroll wanted in new Milan era
Pier Silvio Berlusconi, the son of club president Silvio, said he was impressed by the Liverpool striker's goal against Sweden at the Euros and that he would be welcome to join a "new era" in Milan this summer.
But the Serie A side's vice-president, Adriano Galliani, has since ruled out any further moves in the window by claiming that the San Siro club's "transfer market is closed".
Julio Cesar sounded out by Saints
The Brazil international's wife, Susana Werner, even tweeted that the club should look to show him more respect for everything he has done for them, while Gazzetta dello Sport claimed a number of Premier League sides were interested.
Tottenham, Aston Villa and even top-flight new boys Southampton were reportedly keeping tabs on the player, before Julio Cesar denied the exit talk by insisting he does not think he will leave the club.
Spurs plan audacious Walcott swoop
According to the Sunday Express, Sigurdsson was just one of a number of potential signings on the 34-year-old's wish list, with Arsenal forward Theo Walcott, as well as Portugal midfielder Joao Moutinho, also wanted by the former Porto boss.
Walcott, with just a year left to run on his contract at Spurs' north London rivals, was reportedly a target for Villas-Boas at Chelsea last summer and is said to be open to a new challenge.
Follow Danny Hart on