The Anfield chief says this summer was the right moment for both player and club "to make a break" but insists Brendan Rodgers' attack will remain "explosive" without the striker
The 27-year-old, whose 31 goals helped Liverpool finish second in the Premier League last season, joined the Spanish club in a £70 million deal earlier this month.
Suarez is currently serving a four-month ban for biting Italy defender Giorgio Chiellini during Uruguay’s World Cup fixture on June 19.
But despite Suarez’s departure, Henry believes that Liverpool’s attack will remain “explosive” next term.
“It was time for Luis and time for the club to make a break,” Henry told NBC.
“He brought so much to the club but we brought a lot to Luis.
“[Without him] I think you will still see a very explosive Liverpool offense.”
Meanwhile, Goal understands the Court of Arbitration for Sport could reduce Suarez's ban.