thumbnail Hello,

The Serie A side's sporting director, Giuseppe Marotta, has dismissed suggestions the attacker could leave the club just two months after arriving from Athletic Bilbao on a Bosman

Juventus sporting director Giuseppe Marotta has refuted speculation linking striker Fernando Llorente with a loan move to Barcelona.

The 28-year-old is reported to be struggling to adapt to life in Italy following his Bosman move from Athletic Bilbao earlier this summer, leading to suggestions the Spain international could be loaned back to his homeland before the transfer window closes.

The Blaugrana are among those said to be monitoring the striker's situation in Turin, but Marotta has dismissed the notion that his stint with the Bianconeri could be over already.

He told Tuttosport: "We believe in Llorente and we have no intention of selling him."

Llorente, whose contract expires in 2017, is yet to start a competitive fixture for the Italian champions, with the forward being reduced to an 89th-minute cameo against Sampdoria on Sunday.

Related

From the web