thumbnail Hello,

The extent of the 20-year-old Serbian's problem has yet to be fully discovered after he was stretchered off in Saturday's Asia Trophy victory against Sunderland in Hong Kong

Manchester City manager Manuel Pellegrini insists the club will not be forced back into the transfer market by injury to centre-back Matija Nastasic.

The Serbian was stretchered off the pitch during Saturday's Asia Trophy final in Hong Kong which saw the Chilean pick up his first piece of silverware as the new City manager.

TRANSFER TALK
14/1 Martin Skrtel is 14/1 with BetVictor to join Man City
MRI scans are expected to show that the 20-year-old will be out for three weeks, leaving Pellegrini short of defensive cover for the start of the season following Kolo Toure's move to Liverpool.

But when asked if injury meant Pellegrini needed to act in the transfer market again, the Chilean told reporters: "It doesn't depend on just one thing.

"I said [before] that we could do something else before the Premier League starts but maybe we stay with the same squad. At the moment we aren't that concerned about that but I'm very happy with the squad we have."

City have been swift to spend almost £100 million so far this window, bringing Jesus Navas, Fernandinho, Alvaro Negredo and Stevan Jovetic to the club.

Real Madrid defender Pepe has been continually linked with a move to City this summer, although Madrid are believed to be determined to rebuff all bids for the Portugal international.

Related

From the web