The QPR boss made the trip to France following his side’s goalless draw with Tottenham, increasing the rumours suggesting the club are lining up a move for the FrenchmanQPR manager Harry Redknapp was spotted at the Ligue 1 clash between Rennes and Bordeaux on Saturday evening, intensifying rumours of a move for central midfielder Yann M’Vila.
The former Tottenham boss left for France just hours after holding his previous club to a goalless draw at Loftus Road, allowing him to watch the 22-year-old in action.
M’Vila began his senior career with Rennes in 2009 and has since made 110 appearances for the club, as well as 22 for the French national side.
After the stalemate with the north London club, Redknapp admitted he attempted to sign M'Vila when at Spurs, increasing the likelihood of a move for the Frenchman in January as he seeks reinforcements to help keep QPR in the division.
“I tried to sign him when I was at Tottenham and is someone I have watched five or six times in the last year.” he said. "He is an interesting player."
But the 65-year-old admitted the plight of the Rs has left it difficult to convince players to join the Premier League's last-placed club.
Redknapp added: "It is difficult [to sign players with QPR] because when you're at the bottom it is harder to attract people to the club.”
During an outburst about his side's expectation this season, Rennes boss Frederic Antonetti confirmed QPR's interest in M'Vila after the 2-0 loss to Bordeaux.
He said: "We don't have the means to be there [fourth in the league]. The bottom club in England [sic] wants to sign one of our best players. French football is drifting financially. We are limited.
"If you want to say it's my fault, I don't give a f***. I will take that. But stop putting us in your favourites. Fifth is extraordinary."