Nagatomo, Samuel, Ranocchia, Pereira
Alvarez, Gargano, Zanetti
Canini, Granqvist, Sampirisi
Rossi, Tozser, Bertolacci, Antonelli
Inter head into the encounter in the knowledge that only a win will suffice against Genoa, with league leaders Juventus away at Cagliari on Friday night.
However, head coach Andrea Stramaccioni will be without key midfield duo Esteban Cambiasso and Freddy Guarin, with the former injured and the latter suspended.
The Nerazzurri boss is likely to revert back to a similar starting XI that succumbed to defeat against Lazio last week, following the 2-0 Coppa Italia win over Hellas Verona in midweek.
Genoa are suffering a contrasting change in fortunes to their Serie A counterparts and currently find themselves in 19th position, just two points above bottom placed Siena.
Gli Salami head coach Luigi Delniri will also be without pivotal pairing Felipe Seymour and Emiliano Moretti, with the two players ruled out through suspension.
Delniri is expected to name a similar line-up to the one that secured a point at home to fellow relegation rivals Torino, with Mario Sampirisi and Daniel Tozser tipped to replace the aforementioned duo.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Inter secured maximum points the last time these two teams met at San Siro, in an enthralling 5-4 encounter.
- Diego Milito (pictured, right) netted a hat-trick in that game and will be looking to add to his eight goals this season.
- The Nerazzurri have won more points away from home than Milan during the campaign.
- Genoa have failed to pick up a positive result against Inter the last six times the two teams have met, losing four Serie A games and two Coppa Italia clashes.
- The 29 goals Gli Salami have conceded this season is the third worst in Serie A, with only Pescara and Cagliari shipping more.
- Only five of 17 league goals scored by Genoa this year have come away from the Stadio Luigi Ferraris.