Khairi - Shahrom - Rafael - Syazwan
Rafiuddin - Sivakumar - Nazri - Yong
Failee - Hadi
Ramez - Nasriq - Asrauddin - Mahali
Soley - Shukor Jusoh - Gurusamy-Kunalan
Amri - Forkey Doe
Perak will host Selangor in what is likely to be a pulsating encounter at the Royal Navy Stadium in Lumut on Tuesday. Both sides have a well known rivalry between them, and considering that they have both had a decent start to the season, it should be a match to savour.
On paper and form, Selangor are certainly the better side. The Red Giants have won three out of their four matches in the Super League so far, and currently sit on second spot in the league table, level on points with leaders Pahang.
The form of S. Kunanlan, Mahali Jasuli and Amri Yahya has been pivotal to their great start so far and you have to credit Irfan Bakti for his brillian tactical decisions. Against Perak though, they will be needing more from their forwards, especially Francis Forkey Doe.
The Seladangs have a rather solid defence, that has only conceded twice this season. Key to this has been the form of Brazilian defende Rafael Novais, who has been nothing short of brilliant at the back. However, there seems to be a bigger problem in the picture for Azraai Khor Abdullah's men.
"Our striker force is still very blunt," Azraai said after their 1-0 win over Negeri Sembilan, in which they actually scored their first goal of the season, courtesy of a wonder strike from Failee.
Their win over T-Team on Matchday One was a result of an own goal from the away side, and Azraai Khor knows that his side has to improve offensively if they are to stand any chance of scoring against a side like Selangor.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Perak temporary home ground in Lumut is capable of holding up to 18,000 people at one time.
- The Seladangs have only retained 10 players from last season’s playing squad.
Perak's Youth Squad defeated Selangor's Youth Squad 6-1 in the Piala Raja Raja Emas last December
- Selangor have signed ex-Perak talisman Michal Kubala to feature in their AFC Cup squad.
- Irfan Bakti has previously locked horns as Terengganu head coach with Azraai Khor, who was coaching Negeri Sembilan, in the 2011 Malaysia Cup final
- Francis Forkey Doe was the joint top scorer of the Malaysia Super League with Jean Emmanuel Effa Owona last year.
Follow Keeshaanan Sundaresan on