The Negeri Sembilan coach says that only he is answerable for the team’s plight in the league and is prepared to accept any decision the management makes regarding his future
Coach Divaldo Alves has taken responsibility for Negeri Sembilan’s poor showings in the Malaysian Super League (MSL) season so far.
After their defeat to Perak at the Tuanku Abdul Rahman Stadium in Paroi on Saturday, the Portuguese said that he is ready to face the consequences.
“I am willing to accept any decision or action by the management following our third defeat because I am solely responsible for the performance of this team,” Alves told Harian Metro.
The match had looked set to end in a goalless draw before Failee Ghazali came off the bench and scored an 89th minute winner for the silver state.
While expressing his frustrations about the result against the Seladangs, Alves pointed out that his team dominated most of the match and created numerous scoring chances, but only managed to squander all of them.
“We were supposed to achieve victory because we had the advantage of playing at home, but the players who had chances to score didn’t have the composure to convert them.
“There is a sense of frustration, but I have to be responsible for this result,” he added.
The 44-year-old coach was appointed in the off-season as Azraai Khor Abdullah’s replacement after spending three seasons in Indonesian football.
He has been heavily criticised for his decision to sign Argentinian Emanuel De Porras – who had looked overweight and unfit since arriving, as one of Negeri’s foreign players this season.
The defeat to Perak was Negeri’s third this season and the Deers only have one point to show for after four games in the league.
Negeri’s woes look set to continue as their next match will be away to reigning champions Kelantan on Tuesday.