Fauzi - Modibo - Azmeer - Qayyum
Shahurain - Idris - Sivanesan - Nazrin
Eddy - De Porras
Nik Zul - Faizal - Bikana - Zubir
Khairan - Ismail - Ashaari
Manaf - Owona - Farderin
After losing to Selangor on Tuesday, Negeri Sembilan will have the chance to register their first win of the new season when they take on Terengganu at home tonight.
Negeri’s newly appointed coach Divaldo Alves has nine players out injured, while visitors Terengganu reportedly have no injuries or suspensions to deal with ahead of the game.
The Deers’ new imports, Emanual De Porras and William Modibo are expected to be given another chance to impress following their failure to have any impact against Selangor. Alves was quick to defend his foreign signings and promised the fans an improved performance against the Turtles.
On the other hand, Terengganu will be hoping close season signing Jean Effa Owona can open his scoring account against his old team tonight. Chief playmaker Ismail Faruqi Asha’ri and tricky midfielder Ashaari Samsuddin will be relied upon to help create the chances for the Cameroonian to score from.
The match will be played at the Tuanku Abdul Rahman Stadium in Paroi, Seremban at 8.45pm.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Jean Effa Owona scored 23 goals in 29 appearances for Negeri Sembilan last season.
- The Deers have not been able to score more than one goal in their last three home games against tonight’s visitors.
Two of those three matches ended in a 1-1 draw, including last season’s fixture.
- Owona, who moved to Terengganu at the end of last season, scored Negeri’s equaliser in that game.
- The Turtles’ last victory in Seremban came four years ago.
- It was in the 2008 Malaysia Cup, and they won by a 2-1 score-line.
Follow Prem Kumar on