Kelantan defender S.Subramaniam will be sidelined for the next seven months after undergoing a knee surgery.
The 27-year-old suffered the injury in October’s Malaysia Cup final against ATM and was forced off in the second half of the game that Kelantan went on to win 3-2. He went under the knife on December 1 and has been told he will need six to seven months to fully recover.
Saddened by the news, Subra told Harian Metro yesterday, “I am really disappointed with the outcome – that I have to rest for so long.”
Nevertheless, the Malaysian international believes his absence will not disrupt Kelantan’s plans to retain the three titles they won this year.
“I am confident we can keep the trophies we won last season.
“I was told we’ve signed some quality new players and that they’ve impressed in practice matches so far.
“That bodes well for the new season,” concluded the former Perak player.