Peter Butler’s contract gets cancelled by the Football Association of Terengganu, but the fiery Yorkshireman has vowed not to leave his post without a fight
It is confirmed. Peter Butler has been sacked by Terengganu.
Butler's contract was officially terminated by the Football Association of Terengganu on Thursday following the six-month suspension he received at the beginning of the week for informing the media about internal problems without management’s approval.
Abdullah Salleh, the FA secretary who signed the termination letter, said that Butler had breached his contract by being suspended for more than 30 days.
Butler, who is clearly unhappy with the way he had been treated, said he will do everything possible to get justice.
“I will stand up and fight this decision by the FA and if I have to, I will take the matter to FAM, FIFA, courts, everywhere,” Butler told The New Straits Times.
“I happened to go through a similar ordeal when I was coaching Kelantan last year but the way the management there dealt with me was amicable and dignified.”
The 46-year-old had a 20-minute meeting with the Menteri Besar of Terengganu, Datuk Seri Ahmad Said yesterday regarding his situation.
“The Menteri Besar only wants what is best for Terengganu football and although many of those in the FA do not think so, that is what I want too,” he said when asked about the discussion.
Meanwhile in Kelana Jaya yesterday, the vice president of the Football Association of Malaysia (FAM), Datuk Hamidin Amin offered Butler a helping hand via the media after chairing FAM’s exco meeting.
“He must be given a chance to appeal by the state FA but he can always refer to the Status Committee if unhappy with the outcome,” he told reporters at Wisma FAM.