Test your knowledge on the English Premier League (EPL) in this new Goal feature ahead of the second weekend of action
BY MARK DAWSON
1. Which defender scored on his debut for his new club last weekend, after going three EPL seasons without a goal?
2. In Gameweek 2 Aston Villa take on Newcastle at Villa Park. In the corresponding game last season Newcastle won 2-1, but which of their many Frenchman scored the opening goal, and then assisted the winning goal?
3. Which player scored a double for Manchester United in their 2-1 victory at Sunderland last season?
4. Which of these strikers has not played for both Manchester City and Liverpool? Robbie Fowler, Milan Baroš, Daniel Sturridge or Nicolas Anelka?
5. Only one of the last eight teams to visit Old Trafford in the EPL have failed to score. Which team was this; Aston Villa, Hull City or Norwich City?
6. In 2011 Dutch defender Patrick van Aanholt went on loan to Leicester City from Chelsea, but what EPL team does he currently play for?
7. Everton faced Arsenal three times last season, twice in the EPL, and once in the FA Cup. Which player managed to score for both teams during these matches?
8. No defending EPL champion have ever lost their opening game of the following season, true or false?
9. Hull City manager Steve Bruce and Stoke City manager Mark Hughes both played together under Sir Alex Ferguson at Manchester United. However only one of the players was given their United debut by Sir Alex, which one?
10. Since becoming QPR manager, Harry Redknapp has bought in a number of his former Tottenham players into the club, such as Jermaine Jenas, Benoît Assou-Ekotto and Tom Carroll. But which attacking midfielder did he sell to QPR when he was Tottenham manager in 2010?
11. This weekend Burnley visit Welsh side Swansea City. Name the Welsh striker who currently plays for Burnley, scoring 21 goals in 44 games to help fire them to promotion last season.
12. Who is the current EPL top scorer after one round of action?
The answers can be found here!