The Football Fever Podcast team feel that the new AFC President, Sheikh Salman, must back up his campaign manifesto with immediate effective action
After his controversial election as the new president of the Asian Football Confederation (AFC), Bahrain’s Sheikh Salman must back up his campaign manifesto with immediate effective action, says The Football Fever Podcast team. Only then will skeptics drop the scrutiny over Sheikh’s alleged connection to human rights abuses during the Bahraini crackdown two years ago.
* Includes excerpt from interview with new AFC Boss Sheikh Salman
Click here for this edition of Football Fever Podcast On Goal.com!
Hope you enjoy it. Do pop by and like our Facebook page to enjoy more discussion.
ALSO THIS WEEK:
- Sir Alex Ferguson blasts ‘Dying Swan’ David Luiz of Chelsea after red card for Man United’s Rafael
- Late season blues: why Man United & Man City are so poor
- Real Madrid boss Jose Mourinho already packing for move to Premier League after falling out with Iker Casillas
- Antonio Conte is the inspiration behind Juve’s back-to-back Scudettos
- The city of Cardiff congratulates Premier League-bound Bluebirds with open top bus parade
- Who will prevail from nail-biting Championship playoffs?
- Harry Kewell’s scoring form in Qatar reignites hopes of an international recall for Australia
- Qatari clubs change rules to fast-track foreigners for passports as they chase ACL success
- FA Cup Final Preview: Man City v Wigan
- Scottish Players Player of Year ends up in jail cell hours after winning top award
Do leave us YOUR feedback on the show in the comments box below.
Neil Humphreys: Award-winning football author, columnist, satirist
Scott McIntyre: SBS Australia Reporter & Asia Expert (Japan)
Uday Joshi: Southeast Asian Broadcaster & Media Commentator (Singapore)
Ash Hashim: ‘The Futbolita’, Journalist & Female Voice of Football In Asia (Singapore)
Jason Dasey: Host/Executive Producer, Astro SuperSport (Malaysia)
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.