Former Tottenham player Darren Anderton feels that Spurs rely too much on Gareth Bale, and without him, they are a weak side
Tottenham may win more games with Gareth Bale in the line-up, but the system built around him makes them a far weaker side when the Welsh wizard is missing, according to Spurs’ legend Darren Anderton. The former England winger says that the North Londoners over-reliance on Bale was shown up as their top-4 hopes suffered a setback as they dropped more points at White Hart Lane in the crunch match against Everton.
Click here for this edition of Football Fever Podcast On Goal.com!
Hope you enjoy it. Do pop by and like our Facebook page to enjoy more discussion.
ALSO THIS WEEK:
- Manchester derby review: What will it change in big picture?
- Paolo Di Canio at Sunderland
- Spiteful and dramatic Rome derby in Serie A
- Jupp Heynckes’ U-turn on retirement post-Bayern alerts EPL clubs
- Is volatile ex-West Ham midfielder Peter Butler on his way out as T-Team coach in Malaysia?
- Singapore’s LionsXII on top in Malaysian Super League
- Ex-Singapore journalist charged in relation to Lebanese refs caught with prostitutes in hotel before AFC Cup game scandal
- FA Cup semi-finals preview
- Ask Darren Anderton: his best stories from England and Spurs days
Do leave us YOUR feedback on the show in the comments box below.
Darren Anderton: Former England & Tottenham winger & Astro SuperSport guest pundit
Cesare Polenghi: Managing Editor (Asia), Goal.com
Ash Hashim: Singapore journalist, blogger, ‘The Futbolita’
Uday Joshi: Southeast Broadcaster & Media Analyst
Jason Dasey: Host/Executive Producer, Astro SuperSport (Malaysia)
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.