Zabaleta, Lescott, Nastasic, Clichy
Silva ,Yaya Toure, Tevez
Cummins, Korkss, Mariappa, Shorey
Kebe, Leigertwood, Tabb, McAnuff,
Manchester City captain Vincent Kompany (hamstring) is a serious doubt after failing to recover from the problem he sustained in the derby defeat to Manchester United. He missed last week's win at Newcastle, and is unlikely to be risked with the busy festive schedule looming.
Samir Nasri (groin) limped out of that tie at St James' Park, and could be out for the entire Christmas and New Year period, whilst striker Mario Balotelli (virus) has not trained this week and may only be fit enough for the bench.
James Milner (hamstring) and Aleksandar Kolarov (hip) are both doubts, and Roberto Mancini will definitely be without Micah Richards (knee) and Jack Rodwell (hamstring).
Reading manager Brian McDermott looks likely to welcome midfielders Jem Karacan (knee) and Danny Guthrie (thigh) back to his squad after the duo featured in a reserve game on Wednesday.
Goalkeeper Alex McCarthy (shoulder) is out until mid-2013, and he is joined on the sidelines by striker Jason Roberts (hip) and defender Sean Morrison (ankle).
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Saturday's game marks the third anniversary of the appointment of Roberto Mancini (pictured, right) as manager of Manchester City.
- City have not lost by more than one goal in the Premier League since April 2011 (3-0 away at Liverpool). They are 11/1 to win 1-0 with bet365.
- Roberto Mancini has taken charge of 114 league games during his time at the Etihad - and City have taken the lead in 110 of them.
- Reading are yet to win on the road this season, and have managed just one win altogether - a 2-1 victory over Everton in mid-November.
- However, since then, the Royals have not picked up a single point, losing their last six on the trot.
- The Royals have had the lowest average amount of possession (40 per cent) of any club in the whole of the English top flight.