The Russian has spoken of his "hurt" following rumours of a rift between himself and the Royals' manager after they sealed their first league win of the season on Saturday
Rumours have circulated recently that Zingarevich was ready to replace McDermott with Dick Advocaat, but the 29-year-old Russian has reaffirmed his commitment to both the manager and the club.
"The speculation hurts me because it’s just not necessary," he told the Daily Telegraph. "It is just nonsense really. I have total faith in McDermott and he has a long-term contract so I don’t see any problem.
| READING LATEST
|8/11||Reading are 8/11 to be relegated with bet365
"You can be a good coach without being the right manager – but he really is. To be a good manager, you have to be a good psychologist and I really think he is.
"I don’t even know where that Dick Advocaat speculation came from.
"Of course Brian was be hurt by it. But he knows from me – because we talk – that everything is fine."
Zingarevich took over the club in May and has promised the Royals fans that he has a five-year plan to bring success to the Madejski Stadium.
There had been suggestions in recent weeks that he was ready to bring in up to 10 players in January, including Andrey Arshavin, but the Russian has dismissed this story and claims to have been misquoted.
"There will be funds available,” Zingarevich continued.
"There will be a list at some point and we will discuss it. But the manager is the manager. He will make the final decision on all transfers.
"When asked about Arshavin, I said he’s a good player. I never actually said that we are interested in signing him. It was in the Russian news. Basically, it was mistranslated."