The former Swansea manager is still yet to agree a compensation package with the Welsh outfit, but insists the dispute will not stop him for accepting a job elsewhereMichael Laudrup has welcomed being linked with Barcelona and vowed not to let a dispute with Swansea City stall his career, but admitted no movement will happened until after the season ends.
The Dane has been out of work since being sacked by Swansea last month and is still to reach an agreement with the Premier League club over compensation.
The former Barcelona midfielder has been touted as a possible replacement for Gerardo Martino at the end of the season, although the Argentine stated on Tuesday that he will not walk away from club.
Laudrup says it is always a compliment to be speculated as a target for a big side and insists the continuing wrangling with Swansea would not stop him from accepting a job offer.
"No. If [an agreement with Swansea] takes 18 months, why should I wait? It doesn't really change a lot to me. I don't want to mix up those two things. One has nothing to do with the other," he told reporters
"Whatever happens there, however it ends, if it goes to court, I can still take a job tomorrow if I want to. That doesn't change."
When asked specifically about Barcelona, Laudrup does not expect any change in personell before the end of the season but hinted that a role change could "start to happen" before the World Cup.
"It's always positive when you are mentioned [as a contender for a big job], but five or six names are always mentioned," he continued.
"Maybe in a month's time some of those names change. It’s always positive when you are mentioned, but let's take it for what it is."
"I did not hear about [the Barcelona links] - well, I heard about it but not like that. We have eight, nine games to go - at this stage of the season nobody in football is looking to change.
"That happens just after the last games. The last two weeks and before the World Cup, that might be when things start to happen."