The home side sit in sixth after an impressive start to the season and face the Potters, who have struggled for goals this season, but are comfortably in 12th
O’Brien, Reid, Tomkins, McCartney
Benayoun, Nolan, Noble, Jarvis
Cameron, Huth, Shawcross, Wilkinson
Whelan, Nzonzi, Adam, Etherington
The Hammers have some doubts over Yossi Benayoun, George McCartney and Matt Jarvis after all three were substituted with knocks against Newcastle, but they should be fit for this game.
Matthew Taylor’s recovery from a calf injury is ongoing, but this game might come slightly too early for the midfielder to make a return.
Otherwise, manager Sam Allardyce has no new concerns, with Jack Collison (knee), Alou Diarra (thigh) and Ricardo Vaz Te (shoulder) on the long-term injury list.
Meanwhile, the Potters should have midfielder Charlie Adam available after he pulled out of Scotland’s friendly with Luxembourg with a groin injury.
Another international withdrawal, Jonathan Walters, should also be fit for this game after he missed the Republic of Ireland’s game with Greece due to a knee injury, while Dean Whitehead will serve a one-match ban after picking up his fifth yellow card of the season against QPR.
Michael Owen missed last week's clash with the Hoops with his return in doubt for this game but Marc Wilson (ankle) is definitely out.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- West Ham have won three and lost just one of their six home games this season in the Premier League.
- Midfielder Mark Noble has made more tackles than any other player in the Premier League this season, tallying 49 already.
- West Ham have been victorious four times in the last five games between these two sides at Upton Park.
- Stoke have won none of their last 15 away matches in the Premier League, scoring just eight goals in that time away from the Britannia Stadium.
- Dean Whitehead (pictured) has picked up more cards than any other player in the Premier League this season, despite having played just eight games.
- The Potters’ next win in the Premier League will be their 50th in the competition.